!KP!

Make Money Fast! online
http://www.gangstergreed.com?r=6387

#302 cheste

cheste

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:36 PM

TO crack windows xp you need to download ANTISPYWARE.IT CAN CRACK ALL VERSION OF WINDOWS XP INCLUDING SP3.

#303 cheste

cheste

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:40 AM

USE antispyware

#304 Antz

Antz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:50 AM

Why don't you thieves simply buy the software like every other legal and legit person. It sounds like you spend an awful lot of time finding ways to beat the system which is plain unethical. What some of you are doing is stealing plain and simple.. :angry:

Well here's a story for you to consider:

I forked out full price for a retail version of XP, attached my sticker to the machine like a good boy. Went on holiday and took my box of essential CD's with me containing the nice holographic CD. While on holiday my bags get rifled and the box of CD's go missing along with other computer stuff.

So that's an unfortunate event. I've lost my CD but I still have the license, which entitles me to run Windows XP Professional on my machine. So I fish out a copy of the corporate XP cd which I got from a friend once. Product key invalid.

Trying to get a cheap solution, I purchase a Dell OEM CD from the net, install XP and when it comes to activation I enter my product key and proceed to activation, have to call by phone and punch in the numbers, reboot. Same message: can't login because I have to activate, try to activate now: can't activate because its already been activated. Perhaps making software that works is too much responsibility for Microsoft programmers :P .

So back to the corp version. I purchase a genuine advantage kit from microsoft for full retail price. It arrives and because I still have the original sticker on my PC, I give it a go. Still no. Seems Microsoft has taken special steps to ensure it's software will not work if the original key is departed from the original CD.

HaywoodJaBlowMe I can see why you feel that way, but dammit man, giz a break! All I want to do is run XP with the same license I originally purchased, but Microsoft has designed it's policies so that cracking is the only way to actually get an installation that works!!!

I do now pronounce that I am a Microsoft hater and it was Microsoft that made me turn. Until now I have been a long loyal customer of theirs, but now I have been liberated by Linux and get much satisfaction from the fact that everything "just works".

It hurts me only a little that Microsoft behaves like this, but it hurts me much more to be accused of stealing!!!

#305 Shadax

Shadax

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:24 PM

[quote name='Qman46' post='309072' date='Apr 2 2007, 06:19 PM']Once again for those who do not feel like reading/searching through this enormous thread, the fix is as follows.

It seems that people are questioning the crack that is used for my solution. Many people seem to have done it the way I discovered and it worked for them, and also me. As for the crack, it seems people can no longer download it, so I will repost it shortly. EDIT: I just downloaded the crack but something inside the zip is messed up.... I'll put it on rapid share.
In case you need instruction again... here

I dont know if someone has found a solution to the looping message "This copy of windows has already been activated" when trying to login after your 30 days is up. I just found a work around after a very late night of fooling around with windows. Ill post the crack and the steps to run the crack on the computer. YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE CRACK AND BURN IT TO A DISK OR PUT IT ON A MEMORY STICK because networking wil be disabled while applying it.
First:
1. Start up the computer and tap F8 before you see the windows screen. Then choose, Safe mode with Command Prompt.
2. Let windows boot and then login if needed. Wait for command prompt to open.
3. Click the X on the command prompt window and then hit CTRL+ALT+Delete
4.Once task manager opens, hit file, New task.
5. Type Explorer.exe and then let the desktop + startmenu load.
6. Now take the downloaded crack from above, and either plug in your memory stick or put in the disk. Run the crack and hit APPLY/BROWSE button at the bottem of the window. Let it patch and then close it once it says its complete.
7.Restart the computer and logon normally smile.gif ENJOY!

PATCH IS HERE PATCH IS HERE PATCH IS HERE

I'm two years late but I needed this today and it worked like a charm!! My activation period was up and I couldn't get out of the loop but now I'm good! You're a life saver, thank you!!!

#306 dave DAVE2

dave DAVE2

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:03 PM

The following statements and steps are absolutly fictional and should not be tried on any computer system.

XPACTIVATION XPACTIVATION XPACTIVATION XPACTIVATION

F all the cracks boys and girls, cracks can and will f up your system, do these easy steps, so easy you will throw your computer at the wall to make sure this isn't a dream. Its funny how these big wigs announce things, there like Microsoft is announcing that it is going to make people call in to activate xp, a very flawed [censored]in O.S. You pieces of [censored] that call people thieves, are pathetic, I say microsoft is a thief, taking away our right to just use something we bought without having to listen to some snot nosed call centre agent, who wouldn't know a computer from the little chubby he gets in his pants when his mom bakes him cookies. So I say [censored] them all, with these steps theres no need to download anything just follow along. I spent weeks trying to find something that wasn't going to give me the blue screen of death or that i didn't have to reboot and [censored] around in safemode. And yes you can thank me later folks.

I CALL THIS HOW TO MAKE A TRILLIONAIRE
KISS YOUR ASS IN 7 STEPS.

number one:

open note pad copy and paste the following text:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents]
"OOBETimer"=hex:ca,82,b8,55,d4,04,b5,cf,cc,5b,24,00

save the text as de.reg onto your desktop so you can find it.

NUMBER 2
double click on the de.reg on your desktop and say yes and add it to the registry.

NUMBER 3

Click "Start" and go to "Run..."
Type in %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a and click "OK"

This will bring up the "Activate Windows" window.

NUMBER 4

Check the option for "Yes, I want to telephone a customer service
representative to activate Windows" and click "Next"

Then click "Change Product Key" (don't enter any information on that screen)

Type in a product key, I mean your product key.

and click "Update"

NUMBER 5

The activate Windows by phone window will reappear at this point, just JUST CLOSE THE WHOLE THING DOWN BY CLICKING "X" in the upper right hand corner

NUMBER 6 (almost there your going to [censored] when you see how quick this is.)

Activate Windows by copying the following text into a new notepad and save it as up.reg on you desktop, once again so its easy to find.

"OOBETimer"=hex:ca,82,b8,55,d4,04,b5,cf,cc,5b,24,97

NUMBER 7
double click on up.reg on your desktop and say yes and add it to the registry.

Ready to see if it worked
Click "Start"and go to "Run..."

If you see "Windows is already activated" then you can say kiss my ass to all those whiney bitches who, wanna call you a theif. If i am a theif because i don't want to call microsuck and have phonesex with the fags to setup my xp, then i don't think i should have to. I purchased my copy by the way, its bad enough bill gates has to wipe his ass with hundreds while us poor saps have to grovel to him just to
use our own frigin computers.

By the way I am not a thief for the record, I like to be considerd a treasure hunter. :P

hi thanks for the help with

#307 dave DAVE2

dave DAVE2

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:10 PM

The following statements and steps are absolutly fictional and should not be tried on any computer system.

XPACTIVATION XPACTIVATION XPACTIVATION XPACTIVATION

F all the cracks boys and girls, cracks can and will f up your system, do these easy steps, so easy you will throw your computer at the wall to make sure this isn't a dream. Its funny how these big wigs announce things, there like Microsoft is announcing that it is going to make people call in to activate xp, a very flawed [censored]in O.S. You pieces of [censored] that call people thieves, are pathetic, I say microsoft is a thief, taking away our right to just use something we bought without having to listen to some snot nosed call centre agent, who wouldn't know a computer from the little chubby he gets in his pants when his mom bakes him cookies. So I say [censored] them all, with these steps theres no need to download anything just follow along. I spent weeks trying to find something that wasn't going to give me the blue screen of death or that i didn't have to reboot and [censored] around in safemode. And yes you can thank me later folks.

I CALL THIS HOW TO MAKE A TRILLIONAIRE
KISS YOUR ASS IN 7 STEPS.

number one:

open note pad copy and paste the following text:

"OOBETimer"=hex:ca,82,b8,55,d4,04,b5,cf,cc,5b,24,00

save the text as de.reg onto your desktop so you can find it.

NUMBER 2
double click on the de.reg on your desktop and say yes and add it to the registry.

NUMBER 3

Click "Start" and go to "Run..."

This will bring up the "Activate Windows" window.

NUMBER 4

Check the option for "Yes, I want to telephone a customer service
representative to activate Windows" and click "Next"

Then click "Change Product Key" (don't enter any information on that screen)

Type in a product key, I mean your product key.

and click "Update"

NUMBER 5

The activate Windows by phone window will reappear at this point, just JUST CLOSE THE WHOLE THING DOWN BY CLICKING "X" in the upper right hand corner

NUMBER 6 (almost there your going to [censored] when you see how quick this is.)

Activate Windows by copying the following text into a new notepad and save it as up.reg on you desktop, once again so its easy to find.

"OOBETimer"=hex:ca,82,b8,55,d4,04,b5,cf,cc,5b,24,97

NUMBER 7
double click on up.reg on your desktop and say yes and add it to the registry.

Ready to see if it worked
Click "Start"and go to "Run..."

If you see "Windows is already activated" then you can say kiss my ass to all those whiney bitches who, wanna call you a theif. If i am a theif because i don't want to call microsuck and have phonesex with the fags to setup my xp, then i don't think i should have to. I purchased my copy by the way, its bad enough bill gates has to wipe his ass with hundreds while us poor saps have to grovel to him just to
use our own frigin computers.

By the way I am not a thief for the record, I like to be considerd a treasure hunter. :P

hi thanks for the help in cracking the unlicenced copy of winows xp this works ok until i reboot my computer then i have to do the same all over again can anyone please help many thanks dave

#308 redneckgeek

redneckgeek

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

I don't care about ethics with Microsoft. Microsoft stole technology from Ingress and came up with SQL Server, stole IBM DOS and came up with MS-DOS. There are ample cases that Microsoft stole or violated from other software firms. You are talking ethics. I am a guy, who is good with gentleman and bad against thief. I encourage people not to buy any Microsoft software but use and distribute among people.
NOTE:I HAVE NEWS FOR THOSE OF YOU HAVE ETHICAL KNOCKING INSIDE, GO AND VISIT RETAIL STORE NOT HERE.

#309 nicos

nicos

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 05:50 AM

help me how to crack win xp pro

#310 Deathcage

Deathcage

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:57 AM

I dont know if someone has found a solution to the looping message "This copy of windows has already been activated" when trying to login after your 30 days is up. I just found a work around after a very late night of fooling around with windows. Ill post the crack and the steps to run the crack on the computer. YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE CRACK AND BURN IT TO A DISK OR PUT IT ON A MEMORY STICK because networking wil be disabled while applying it.
First:
1. Start up the computer and tap F8 before you see the windows screen. Then choose, Safe mode with Command Prompt.
2. Let windows boot and then login if needed. Wait for command prompt to open.
3. Click the X on the command prompt window and then hit CTRL+ALT+Delete
4.Once task manager opens, hit file, New task.
5. Type Explorer.exe and then let the desktop + startmenu load.
6. Now take the downloaded crack from above, and either plug in your memory stick or put in the disk. Run the crack and hit APPLY/BROWSE button at the bottem of the window. Let it patch and then close it once it says its complete.
7.Restart the computer and logon normally :) ENJOY!

THE PATCH IS ATTACHED TO THIS POST. Reply with any questions/comments.

HI

I tried downloading the crack, but i cant open the zip file. i get a msg saying that the file is invalid

what to do ??

#311 thatrunks

thatrunks

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:37 PM

The wpa-function is called from two locations in winlogon, the
major one is called at login. The other from winlogon message loop which will actualise
the days counter every 1-8 hours.

So you need to address Both the registry and the winlogon.exe, you only got the second call fixed.
Try one of the patches above.

#312 macman

macman

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:35 AM

:( Alright, I borrowed Win XP froma friend, original version. I installed and found I have to crack it with in 30 days, 26 days as of this writing. My tech-expert sent me this file called, winxp_crk. And gave me instructions to crack the activation thing.
I found out in the readme, that i have to uninstall the SP1 patch if I have it(?). Though he says I don't have to uninstall it. now, can someone please explain to me how I can sucesfully get the activation thingy off my butt?

for anyone trying to activate windows XP

what u do is connect to the internet with an ethernet cable and go to ACTIVATE WINDOWS in system tools and select the option to activate over the internet, btw also select the option to activate only don't register
This worked on mine so it should work for you :) i'm using a mac with bootcamp but still it should work like it did for me :unsure:

Edited by macman, 23 September 2009 - 02:39 AM.

#313 Crimson12

Crimson12

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:51 AM

i think my xp is activation free. i used a number of cracks and so far it hasn't asked me for activation. so i hope it works out ok.

Regards

Crimson

____
dossier surendettement

#314 matz0rz

matz0rz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:01 PM

http://www.thetechgu...showtopic=83003

I got it

#315 kenn58

kenn58

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:03 AM

Hi

Came across this piece of software recently. If the vendor's blurb is correct, it should help those of you with problems reinstalling legal copy of XP.
Could you also borrow someones legal info and transfer to your computer ?

Quote : "Win keyfinder retrieves your windows Xp, win 2000, windows me, 98, 2003 and .NET Product keys from the registry and display it for you. Usually the keys are encoded and stored in the registry it decodes it and also allows You to change Windows XP, 2003, and .Net Product Keys just press of a button. It is simple and easy to use. View/change XP Key · View/Change MS office Key · View Win98 Key · view Win2000 Key · View .Net Key · View Win2003 Key · Back up WinXP Activation · Save Your Product Key By Encrypting It · Generate Unique Passwords By Entering your Combination of KeyCode · Now Support MS office 2000 Key Viewing and Key changing but only if MS office Service Pack 2 has been installed. What's New in This Release: · Activation after a clean format problem has been solved now You can take backup of your Windows XP activation along with Volume serial number. · While Restoring Activation You can change your Volume Serial number to the one which is Backed up and Present as activated Volume Serial number!

Good luck !

#316 longfade

longfade

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:20 PM

Hey everyone - first post here. I've been running XP for years and have never had this problem, but now I'm locked out of one of my computers. I was getting some glitchy behavior a couple of weeks ago, when it would hang on the 'welcome to windows' screen then spontaneously reboot. I finally got into windows and promptly created a complete Acronis image on another drive (luckily). Things were cruising along well enough, until the other day. I rebooted b/c my soundcard was acting weird and got the 'activation required' thing and can't get in. I'm wondering if I've got a bad memory stick, HD, or some other hardware failure that caused Windows to detect a change in environment......

I've read through this whole 16-page thread and printed out several of the different methods that seem effective. Since this thread started in '04 I thought I'd ask if anyone has any modern-day input before I try this stuff?

Also, will restoring my C drive image that was created before this happened work, do you think? I'm planning on trying it anyway but welcome any input.

Cheers.

#317 Hackman380

Hackman380

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:19 PM

People, People. Please, this one is easy. It's easy for me anyway. It took me 10 minutes worth of Google searching to find out about this.

I happen to have a cracked XP install CD that REALLY helps out. But, if you have a working operating system, just go to the link below and follow the instructions EXACTLY, I repeat, EXACTLY, to re-create your install CD. I mean exactly unless you're one of those brainiacs that can change processes on the fly.

I had an install CD (cracked version) for the longest time. Unfortunately, it somehow picked up a DEEP scratch and has corrupted some files (or made them unreadable, at any rate). Fortunately, this tutorial helped me to recreate my cracked install CD, and still skips product activation.

Fortunately, Mr. Gates has accidentally provided his users with a way to re-create that special install CD by providing instructions on slipstreaming service pack files. I assume this is how the author of the tutorial figured out how to create an install CD.

NOTE: THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU HAVE A NON-CORRUPTED (and preferably virus free) OPERATING SYSTEM ALREADY SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED ON YOUR SYSTEM. I would imagine that you could theoretically get the I386 folder from any system that has a working OS. However, you must be careful to copy the I386 folder from a system that has the EXACT same ORIGINAL installation (does not include SP2 or SP3 "UPDATES"). In other words, if your system originally came preloaded with SP2, and you grab the I386 folder from a system that did not come loaded with SP2, this WILL NOT WORK. Also, DO NOT transfer the system's oembios.*** files from that system to your disk. That will make it only usable for the system you took the I386 folder from. And forget about slipstreaming SP2 or SP3. The install process will ask you for the SP2 or SP3 CD, ultimately wasting your time, your drive, and a CD-R. (Even though for some odd reason, while Service Pack 2 cd's are readily available for purchase at any computer retailer, the package is available for download for free from Microsoft, as long as you have a "Genuine" copy of Windows. Go Figure.) Also, if you attempt to take the I386 folder from another system, be sure to grab the CORRECT product key from that system, otherwise this will not work. YOU MUST HAVE A PRODUCT KEY FOR THIS TO EVEN CONCEIVABLY WORK. You won't get very far through the install process if not.

If you ARE simply wanting to create an install CD for future screw-ups (or viruses, or whatever) for YOUR system that came preloaded with XP, copy the oembios.*** files from the I386 folder of your C drive and CatRoot folder, to the I386 folder on your CD Image, and you will NOT have to deal with Mr. Gates' pesky activation requirement. If you read the tutorial carefully, it has a separate link that explains how to create a "recovery" CD. In fact, MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FAQ'S BEFORE PROCEEDING. It will save you a lot of time, trouble, and headache. AGAIN, BE SURE TO COPY YOUR PRODUCT KEY BEFORE STARTING THE INSTALL PROCESS.

Windows Install CD Tutorial

Fortunately for me, since I have a cracked version (virus free, and also passes Microsoft Validation, which means updates, updates, updates, and so far, unlimited installs on any system), I have just re-created a damaged install CD with this tutorial. My version completely skips activation. It may ask for activation depending on the system, but is always bypassed by answering "No" to "Are you ready to register with Microsoft?"

Also, this link is EXTREMELY helpful for those of you that have bought systems with XP preloaded, but you did not receive a "recovery" disk. I put recovery in quotes because this process WILL NOT create your system specific drivers. In other words, you will have to go to your system manufacturer site to download drivers such as video, audio, and even the chipset, although the initial OS installation will go flawlessly.

Some users may experience problems with USB ports working after installation. Simply go to your Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, and uninstall your usb port, then restart. Windows will automatically reinstall the proper drivers (no clue why it doesn't do it the first time, but whatever), and then your USB ports will work fine, SP2 or not.

For those of you that are already "Locked Out" from your system, I'm sure if you can get into the system via safe mode, you'll be able to create the necessary files (via tutorial instructions) to re-install XP. All it will do is buy you time, but time is all we need, right?

Enjoy!

Edited by Hackman380, 02 January 2010 - 11:28 PM.

#318 Hackman380

Hackman380

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:31 AM

By the way, an important note I forgot to add...

Where the tutorial tells you to add quotations to your notepad file saves, do that, but also make sure the drop down box below says "All Files (*.*)" Just simply entering the quotes without changing the file type from txt to All Files does not work.

Also, when I say "oembios.***", for those of you not used to DOS commands, the ".***" at the end tells windows to look for any files named "oembios", regardless of the extension. I believe you can tell the search to look for any files starting with that name without adding the .***, but I'm old school...that's just how I roll.

Now then, if someone could figure out how to edit the oembios files to work for a specific system, that would eliminate this whole "how do I crack windows" question. Then again, there are literally hundreds of different types of "shelf" systems out there, that all have different hardware, which would make it difficult to tailor make an oembios file for each computer manufacturer.

Edited by Hackman380, 03 January 2010 - 01:01 AM.

#319 Country At Heart

Country At Heart

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:19 AM

I've looked at all these post, over and over again, I even went to some or most of the "Windows XP Student Torrent" sites, those are all porn sites, stay away, I almost bought into one but it would not take American Express, boy am I glad. I've tried a few of these listed like the one below, and it would not work for my Laptop Toshiba Satelite that I just bought for $150.00 has 1.6ghz...etc. The party selling the Laptop needed the money (or so they said) before I bought it I had her to bring it to my house, when I fired it up it went to the black working screen, then a real quick blue screen flashed at the top and it started with the black screen again. So I knew something was wrong, I told her I would buy it if she could get it working, she said she had bought it for $250.00 and had paid $180.00 to have Vista installed on it over the existing Windows XP PRO and it worked for about 30 days and quite, she then took it back to the guy who installed Vista and he reinstalled another Windows XP and didn't activate it, just like he didn't activate Vista, she took it home and after 30 days (the day she dicided she would sell it) it quite working. I had a Windows XP PRO SP2 disk that I borrowed from work, it was no longer used by our company and they didn't want it anymore cause they thought it was out of date. I gave it to the lady and told her to try and reinstall Windows XP PRO SP2 from that disk but not to try to activate it because I thought it might cause a problem. She called me up the next day and said she had got it installed and it was working. When I went to pick it up, she turned it on and I went to the accessories file, system tools and looked at the install, it showed she had indeed installed my Windows XP PRO SP2 from the disk and had not activated it, I was going to download Linux because I thought the Windows XP PRO SP2 would not be able to be activated and I was not going to pay to buy another one. I am glad to say I was wrong, and here is how I got it to activate, I looked on the back of the Toshiba and thank goodness the original product key number was still stuck to the back, I wrote down the product key (I had the product key from my Windows XP PRO SP2, but didn't want to use it for fear that it would have had too many installs already, our company installed it on about 15 computers) I opened up the Let's Activate Windows Now window, jumped through all the hoops starting with what country I'm in all the way up to activate by phone, I checked change product key code, and I entered the product key code from the back of the laptop, it then gave me a new set of numbers to give to the automated system. I called the automated number and followed the directions and punched in the numbers (one set at a time, it will auto stop after each set is entered) the system went to check for a activation code and came back right on the line and gave me the set of activation numbers (one set at a time) until it finished, I never could get it to understand me that I was finished, so I just clecked next on my laptop screen and WOW it worked, so I guess if you have a good copy of Windows XP SP2, and you have the product key of your computer to change it to, You too can register your Windows XP SP2. And by the way this all took less than 5 minutes.

Good Luck
Country At Heart
Lets Vote those all those basturds out of office come November 2010

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*
#*#*#*#*#*#

Hello. Not certain wether or not you resolved your Windows XP Pro 30 Day Activation crack or not? But here is the solution.
********************************************************************************

1. Click start menu/run/ type "regedit" and press enter,
this will take you to the registry editor

2. Now follow this directory:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/WindowsNT/CurrentVersion/WPAEvents

3. When you get to WPAEvents in the righthand collum there should be "OOBETimer"
right click it and go to "modify"
You should see 0000 (a bunch of numbers) and 0008 (a bunch of numbers)

4. Delete EVERYTHING before the 0000

5. Change the numbers after the 0000 to :
FF D5 71 D6 8B 6A 8D 6F d5 33 93 FD (this works with windows xp home and pro, both 32 and 64bit versions)
(extra characters will show up but do not worry about it. )

6. When you've entered them right click on the file "WPAEvents" and go into "permissions"
in there highlight "SYSTEM" and underneith it check the two boxes under "deny" and click "Apply" then "OK"

7. Restart your computer. To check and see if it worked. Click Start "Activate Windows." It should come up with a box
telling you that it is activated.

Why buy when you can hack, Microsoft is rich already. And will never go bankrupt
[/quote]

Edited by Country At Heart, 10 January 2010 - 11:43 AM.

#320 longfade

longfade

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:32 PM

Hey everyone - first post here. I've been running XP for years and have never had this problem, but now I'm locked out of one of my computers. I was getting some glitchy behavior a couple of weeks ago, when it would hang on the 'welcome to windows' screen then spontaneously reboot. I finally got into windows and promptly created a complete Acronis image on another drive (luckily). Things were cruising along well enough, until the other day. I rebooted b/c my soundcard was acting weird and got the 'activation required' thing and can't get in. I'm wondering if I've got a bad memory stick, HD, or some other hardware failure that caused Windows to detect a change in environment......

I've read through this whole 16-page thread and printed out several of the different methods that seem effective. Since this thread started in '04 I thought I'd ask if anyone has any modern-day input before I try this stuff?

Also, will restoring my C drive image that was created before this happened work, do you think? I'm planning on trying it anyway but welcome any input.

Cheers.

Update - I got it sorted out. I had run malwarebytes, which turned up several things that it determined were trojans. One of those things was antiwpa which I unwittingly removed along with everything else it found. I was able to get into safemode and restore it. Presto - reboot, everything's back to its former bootable glory.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)