331 replies to this topic

#41 GreyBeard

GreyBeard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:07 PM

Hi Guys,

Providing your computer is operational, you can download (or otherwise install) Belarc Advisor, a Free Personal PC Audit Tool from...

http://www.belarc.co...e_download.html ~605Kb

No brainer/no options install. Run it to list all MAJOR CD/Product keys on your computer.

Lists all kinds of other neat stuff, hdwr config, patches, all installed software with version numbers and so on - a real handy 'must have' PC audit tool :)

Outputs to your current default browser. You do not need to be online! It's not a web-based service nor reports to one - it's installed on your computer and the info is yours only and private. You can save/print the output for future reference via your browser's menus.

You can run it as many times as you like. I keep the outputs saved by date/time as I make any changes to my system - an extremely useful reference. Priceless when it comes to exploring/debugging someone else's computer.

The reason they use your browser is Belarc provides a link (an underlined *) at the end of each item for you to click to get to the install directory - very cool!

Once you know the MAJOR CD/Product keys for YOUR computer, you can install/uninstall/re-install any 'Product' via any distibution method - CD's, downloads - whatever.

There are some exceptions regards minor/tertiary installs, but run the report, then decide what these exceptions may be, and if it's of concern.

For instance, if you run Diskeeper (and you should), the registered name and key is not listed with that product in the 'Software Versions' section of the output. You must obtain this info prior to doing anything like major system re-vamps & esp b4 re-formatting your drive. Natch, you can do it the hard way as well ;-)

I've run this util on many systems, some real sick one's as well, and never had a problem. Takes about 1-2 minutes to generate the report on the everage computer.

Take note - don't get click happy with this util!

#42 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:11 AM

While I dislike M$....I don't think it is legit to steal their software either.
</sarcasm>
</soapbox>

Just so people know if you have an old windozs disc. you can get an upgrade xp pro for $88 if you a student at http://www.journeyed...asp?T1=55481723 The secret is to do a clean install, which any windows disk from Me onwards will do. You have to have a prevoius M$ windows disk....

Or you can buy an oem xp pro full copy for about $130 from like newegg.com

Activation can be a PITA I know I have done it. many times. I have to call M$ 3 or 4 times b/c I have exceded the number of activations for varioous reasons...mainly due to my swapping out hardware on 2 diff machines a lot. To M$s credit they activate it over the phone and reset the number of times. The only thing is they get real rude if you copy the number down and don't enter it directly....I wonder why....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[censored] m/s and the scare mongers that are out there they cannot keep track of peoples downloads and they an't going top tell peoples dickeads for listening to this proper ganda

#43 Guest_clamslayer_*

Guest_clamslayer_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2005 - 12:47 PM

Hi I'm pretty new at this stuff. The most advanced thing I've done on a computer is install hardware/dowload programs. My machine was custom built and has wim xp pro sp2(build 2600). I had some kind of trogen (trogen.gen) program. This caused me to have to uninstall everything and reinstall the window xp program along with
everything else. When i put the disk I got from the guy(bob) who built the computer(it was a copy ) into the computer to reinstall it I noticed that windows wanted me to register this copy. I called bob and told him I needed a key code with 25 characters he gave me one and when I tried to register it I could'nt microsoft said this number had already been registered many times befor. I need some relief from this crap. I tried the install cd to get the key from the unatend file but the number did'nt work also tried the product key's that were mentioned that didnt work either. I have11 days left any sugestions???

thanks for all the idea's form everyone

mike

#44 Guest_Guest_ben_*_*

Guest_Guest_ben_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2005 - 01:50 PM

Hi iv just bought a version of Xp off of Ebay. it is genuine, XP professional with SP2, however it is a dell brand cd. I am trying to install ewith all sorts of fake codes, but it keeps coming up with an invalid code error. How do I get round this without buying a genuine license?

Thanks, ben

#45 Guest_Guest_XplorerUSA_*_*

Guest_Guest_XplorerUSA_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:30 PM

Hi iv just bought a version of Xp off of Ebay. it is genuine, XP professional with SP2, however it is a dell brand cd. I am trying to install ewith all sorts of fake codes, but it keeps coming up with an invalid code error. How do I get round this without buying a genuine license?

Ben, call micro$oft [800 936-5700], tell them the numbers on the sticker on your Dell computer is illegible, and that you already called Dell and they sent you to Micro$oft, they will ask you to read the number on the disc [look for a number in the clear center of the cd the number starts with an x] they may ask you to describe the printed name on disc ie "windows xp, dell logo or something similar"
i got that way two serial numbers one for a Dell win2000 CD and one for the Dell xp pro CD [Micro$oft knows those CDs can not be installed on a non Dell computer so they'll give you the serial number to re install].

#46 Guest_Guest_Mike_*_*

Guest_Guest_Mike_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:29 PM

After looking on the net for awhile I finally found a hack for win xp pro sp2 that worked. I had been turning back the computers clock but that only worked for a couple weeks. I have a question . How many times can you re-install windows? Is there a limit? Also beware of viruses when you download a potential hack program 60% of all programs I tried had a virus in it. Don't download anything unless you have a antivirus program Good luck brother hackers...

Mike

l

n

#47 Guest_jg_*

Guest_jg_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2005 - 10:06 AM

I've followed this thread for some time hoping to simply fix the problems caused by SP2 (i've got xp pro). My problem is I can't use any of the excellent advice here because my system won't let me change the key, despite trying all the various programs mentioned that normally do this. It seems I am blocked in some way from changing the key. Any suggestions?

#48 Guest_Another guest_*

Guest_Another guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2005 - 11:53 AM

XP Fix

#49 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:03 AM

Ok, this is really starting to get frustrating. I have a Windows XP SP1 disk fully legit that i got from my dell, I try installing it on my Toshiba, but when it gets to the key IT WONT ACCEPT ANYTHING! I have seiously tried everything. It says to enter the product key found on the side of my dell, I do it yet it doesnt work. Could it be because I'm running ME? Or maybe becuase it's recognizing that my Toshiba isn't my dell? I've tried these corporate things by changing pid, ive tried the product key in unatted in I386, and ive tried all both product keys on each computer using magic jellybean. NO MATTER WHAT IT WONT ACCEPT!!! What do i do? And btw this is not fair because I ACTUALLY OWN THE PRODUCT.

#50 Guest_crossthread_*

Guest_crossthread_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:38 AM

It WORKS!  hooky DOO!!!!!
:P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I meant too say, for SP 2 , use the top "link"... I too have a dell CD I legitmitly OWN, and used up my product key.... GGGRRRR.....
:blink:
Run the proggie, bling~bling, XP Pro SP 2 is activated!!!!
And no I don't have it installed on a Dell computer.....(xp pro that is)..
But I do have the dell installation CD.....
Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!
Karma AND Raisin Pie too ya!
Peace out
CT
;)

#51 Guest_Arcath_*

Guest_Arcath_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:42 PM

I just put XP onto my Machine adn it now says that my code has been used b4 and i cant use it!!!! wat can i do???

#52 Guest_AntonioAlejandro_*

Guest_AntonioAlejandro_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2005 - 09:07 AM

After six years of using Linux I need to install windows on three computers for my son and two daughters who are attending high school. I have three computers and one copy of windows xp. This means that I have to find a program to crack the activation for two computers. I believe that some of the cracks are virus laden, just dont work, or are too complicated.
Meanwhile, all i have to say is that.........I will be glad when Linux gets more popular so i dont have to bother with windows at all anymore.

#53 Guest_mantras_*

Guest_mantras_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:51 AM

go for original xpcd ,other wise restrict ur computer without service pack1 or 2, ur computer not safe while ur connecting to out side world...do it simple and safe.....no tensions&worries

#54 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:44 AM

sp1 sp2 mmmmmmm
just get yourself a good internet security like norton

#55 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2005 - 07:51 PM

Matt's way using unattend.txt did not work

#56 Guest_Johnnyce_*

Guest_Johnnyce_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2005 - 06:40 AM

I need some help: after upgrading my windows xp home edition OEM 2600 to SP2 the 30 deadine has expired. When trying to log on, now even the activation window does not appear anymore, instead a blank "yes" or "no" window pops up. when I press one of thos options, i am returned to the original log-on screen. Can anyone help me how I can re-activate my expired windows in save mode/from a disk?

Cheers!

#57 crackmaster114

crackmaster114

I like giving out pirated keys

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:59 PM

sounds like its a complete reload 4 u m8 - try my method when your done

#58 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2005 - 01:15 PM

I used a crack and now everything I try and log into windows it gives me the repeat screen of doom. It says its trying to activate windows then it says its already activated. Then it logs off and you do the whole process over and over and it never ends.

Now its trying to activate by phone, but its doing itself automatically and it doesnt give you the option to click. After a few seconds it logs you back out and you are forced to do it over and over.

Can anyone help?

#59 Guest_Script Kiddies Next Door_*

Guest_Script Kiddies Next Door_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2005 - 07:40 PM

For those of you stuck in "limbo" there's a cheap way to run programs while windows is prompting you to activate (usually right after login)

Push Win+U to bring up utilities (and the narrator)

On either the narrator or the utilities control, click Help

Click Options | Internet Options...

Click the Privacy tab

Click Import

this will pull up a file browser from which you can run any program
locate the program you want to run (it often helps to select All Files under Files of type) then right-click on the .exe you want to run and select Open. NOTE: double-clicking will cause an error, you must right-click | Open.

#60 Guest_Idiot_*

Guest_Idiot_*
  • Guests

Posted