Photo
- - - - -

SATA XP INSTALL. PROBLEM - Si3112.sys CORRUPTED?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 meanhoe

meanhoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 02:33 PM

i get tot the window where i choose the SATA for either xp or NT and when i click on XP and it runs i get a Si3112.sys is corrupted message? anyone know how i can fix this? am i using a bad driver? it's the one off the cd i put on a floppy.

#2 Guest_Guest_alex_*

Guest_Guest_alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2005 - 10:37 PM

i have exactly the same problem.
any luck, let me know.
alex
email: sonic_is_in_da_houseEmail Removed

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2005 - 10:46 PM

:blink: I think I may have a bit of information which could help here.

A couple of the motherboards that I purchased recently did not come with the original floppy SATA driver install disks. They did come with the CDs for the drivers, however.

I know you said that you had copied files from the CD to floppy and it did not work. Since the files on the CD would take up 3 or 4 floppies, you have to pick and choose what you put on the floppy. When you install a Windows OS and it asks you for a SATA driver floppy, it must be a SINGLE floppy, not spanned.

I have had excellent success with installing the SATA drivers by copying the following files to a single floppy disk:

data1.cab
data2.cab
data3.cab
Si3112r.inf
Si3112r.mpd
Si3112r.sys
SIWinAcc.sys
TxtSetup.oem

With those files included on your floppy disk you should be able to get the installation completed. Depending upon which versions of the drivers you are using and which OS you are installing on you may receive a notice that the drivers are unsigned, asking if you are sure you want to install them. You do. Then, once you have installed the OS and have internet access, you can update the driver files.

This can be done by right clicking on your 'My-Computer' icon, selecting 'Manage', then clicking on the 'Device Manger', locating the SCSI section in the drivers list and drilling down until you find the Sil RAID controller listed... double click it, select the 'Drivers' tab, click on the 'Update Driver' button. Then, if you select "Install from a list or a specific location" and then de-select everything on the following page, it will attempt to connect and download the latest drivers which have passed the Microsoft testing, directly from the internet.

Good luck and I hope this has helped.

#4 Guest_Tris_*

Guest_Tris_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 12:47 AM

I have the same problem but i can't find the files anywhere i've searched all over the net and still can't seem to find the files i need to make this floppy disk. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
I'm after these files
data1.cab
data2.cab
data3.cab
Si3112r.inf
Si3112r.mpd
Si3112r.sys
SIWinAcc.sys
TxtSetup.oem

#5 Guest_Guest_Laurie_*

Guest_Guest_Laurie_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2005 - 04:34 PM

Reading through your forum, thought you might like some help.

You do not need Data1.cab to data3.cab files.

Bellow is a list of files you do need.

readme.txt
Txtsetup.oem
Si3112r.sys
Si3112r.inf
Si3112r.mpd
SIISUPP.VXD

These are the basic files needed to start, more upto date drivers have a few more files.

Hope this is of help.

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:43 AM

Guest_Laurie, myself and my flatmate wish to say thank you!

This worked a charm on his gigbyte motherboard which is now chugging away at an XP installation.

Thanks again, regards
AC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users