9 replies to this topic

#1 reep

reep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 05:39 AM

Hi guys

Anyone know how to build a dvd duplicator???

Thnx

#2 jez0321

jez0321

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 11:43 PM

I am trying to find out how to build my own DVD duplicator and I see that tigerdirect.com has a bay that I believe you can add your own DVDs and hard drive.
http://www.tigerdire...lc.asp?CatId=92

#3 Guest_Jesse_*

Guest_Jesse_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2004 - 11:37 AM

I recently have been trying to do the same thing. Build my own DVD duplicator. I'm building a 1 to 9 8x dvd duplicator. The total cost will be about $1400. A great website that will get you all the parts you need to do the job is called Cal Optics. They sell duplicators and everything you need to build your own.
All you need is:
Case/w powersupply
A reader drive 16x
and at least 1 burner depending on how duplicator control module you get.
Now this is your basic standalone duplicator. Cal optics sell everything you need to build it. If you have any question email me. Ube82Email Removed

#4 Guest_Jesse_*

Guest_Jesse_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2004 - 11:43 AM

Sorry, here's the website.
http://www.caloptic.com/

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2004 - 02:49 PM

Cool website (www.caloptic.com)...building your own standalone unit is THE way to go!

#6 Guest_Guest_Ricardo_*_*

Guest_Guest_Ricardo_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:40 PM

I know How to do it:

this is what you guys need

1 controller card for 1 to 1 # of cd's it depends of the controller card that you get there's a lot but the one is working fine is the ACARD that's the name of the card and well here's the list.

1 Controller Card fot cd or dvd is diferent so get the one you want
2 cd or DVD burners from 1 to 7 it may vary because of the controller
you need one reader and the number of writers that you want cd or dvd writers, example: if you want six copies you need one reader more to put the original source (cd master)

3 you need the tower and one power source to plug all the drives
4 maybe you'll need a hard drive (opcional)
5 build it and there you go, questions? ricniga20Email Removed by the way the e mail is my name so don't missunderstand it lol...

#7 Flipback

Flipback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 11:04 AM

Won't you need to decrypt the movies into your hard drive first?

Flip

#8 babymylover

babymylover

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:44 PM

Or you can purchase a 1 to 7 duplicator with very cheap at $759 NEC duplicator, $829 for Pioneer Duplicator, and $847 for Sony Duplicator with one year warranty. I dont think if you build by yourself you dont have any warranty from you controller manufacture. The store that i have bought my duplicator is supertechstore.com. My duplicator works great :)

#9 ksli821

ksli821

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:19 PM

I think it is better to buy one instead of building one. The reason is the price for duplicator is very cheap now. One place you can check out is
www.buyduplicator.com
The price is great!

#10 Stephendfewedffdw

Stephendfewedffdw

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:41 PM

I agree with ksli821. It is better to buy one instead of building one. Here is a great website: www.octave.com, which offers many models. And if you buy the DVD Copy Master 7 drive before 31st this month, you can save $75.