- - - - -

CD-ROM drive error

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Brandon_*

Guest_Brandon_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2004 - 08:28 PM

Has anyone tried a NO-CD Crack. That way you don't need the CD to run the game... just a thought..

#22 Guest_Guest_Emperor_*

Guest_Guest_Emperor_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2004 - 07:28 PM

Me too. My experience tells me that Win XP, especially the Pro, sometimes can not read some CDs, including WC3 and D2. As I use dual boot system, Me and XP Pro, I can tell that Win Me can read some CDs better than XP. I suggest that we (I say we because I experience the same damned cursed problem):
1. Use Me or other OS instead of Win XP (not the best solution I think)
2. Use virtual CD compatible to Win XP (as suggested by some people too)
3. Find the No CD crack and pray (as suggested by some other people and this is what I'm going to do today, except to pray for it perhaps)

A friend of mine experienced something funny with LoD 1.08. When the compie (Win XP OS installed) asked him to enter the CD although the CD was in, he repeatedly pressed the 'retry' button as many as about 25 times and the game unbelieveably worked. I was not as lucky as he. I pressed it more than 50 times and the Diablo still hides in his chaos sanctuary, laughing at me with my damned XP (my Me was for some reason damaged, telling that windows protection error exists so I can't use it)

#23 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2004 - 07:40 PM

Could this have something to do with windows service pack or other updates...I had just reinstalled windows and fully updated - then got a virus- after fixing everything im getting this prob ...AR!

#24 Guest_Guest-O_*

Guest_Guest-O_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2004 - 12:22 PM

What 'bout trying to buy original CDs?

;-)

#25 Guest_Mitko :)_*

Guest_Mitko :)_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:11 AM

stava diablo 2
igra super diablo 2
:P :) :ph34r: :rolleyes: :lol:

#26 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2005 - 04:48 PM

I've just had the same problem (along with about three others) after running system restore, this is the last unresolved problem and its doubly annoying because its happened to me before and I can't remember how to fix it.

You could try going to start run and typing 'msconfig -4'

launch it in safe mode and see if there is another account than yours called 'administrator' in which case your normal account may not have administrative rights even if it says you do.

however this is a far as i have got if I figure out where ot go from here i'll post it here.

#27 Guest_ko_*

Guest_ko_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2005 - 08:18 PM

Some hints:

http://www.blizzard....rt/?id=adt0287p
It can be caused by a virus (I had the same problem a year ago).  If your antivirus software doesn't find it install another one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no its not a virus problem. a simple solution is this. Download Alcohol. search for it. then make an image of the wc3 cd, remember to click on Secure Rom *NEW tyr (4.5x too) option, then click on create image.

Now it should work. the problem of cdrom error lies in the fact that wc3 and diablo2 uses cdrom protection programs. this can be bypassed by using the method above.

#28 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:52 AM

This is a website where you get free money for just searching the net. They have forums with PROOF that it works. There are pictures of the transactions and EVERYTHING! It really does work!

http://netbux.org/?r=264355

#29 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:07 PM

no its not a virus problem. a simple solution is this. Download Alcohol. search for it. then make an image of the wc3 cd, remember to click on Secure Rom *NEW tyr (4.5x too) option, then click on create image.

Now it should work. the problem of cdrom error lies in the fact that wc3 and diablo2 uses cdrom protection programs. this can be bypassed by using the method above.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude, I had the same problem I did exactly what you did above, got the image done and everything, but still I get the same problem, any ideas?

#30 Guest_dialbo 2 fixing problems_*

Guest_dialbo 2 fixing problems_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:53 AM

I had this problem but i fixed it temporarily by making a virtual cd rom with alcohol 120% (cd emulator), but then after a day i get the cd rom drive error and it can't detect the F*cking CD. GOd someone help

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i cant help u-u cant give me ur email

#31 [email protected]_*

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:03 AM

Im have the same prob but i found this pach that im downloading and its like a pach that tels the pc that the play cd is in but its not so u d ont need the cd :)

#32 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:21 PM

um yeah i havent tryed this myself YET because i dont have a XP disk handy (lost mine :( :( :( ) but try reinstaling your operating system... ive been told it works... the main reason it should work is because over time windows self corrupts so you should reinstal at least once a year anyway...

#33 Guest_Atla57_*

Guest_Atla57_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2005 - 05:00 PM

Download the patch. Worked for me. (The patch can be found on Blizzard's website. Don't really remember where that is though. But if you got Google to bring you here, I'm sure you can use Google to find it. ^_^)

#34 Guest_CrA!G_*

Guest_CrA!G_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:57 PM

HI,
i have XP PRO,
a few days ago my friend told me to get this game called DIABLO II, so i have. i installed the game etc all went to plan until i double clicked the icon and that ANNOYING PLEASE INSERT PLAY CD message came up. (YES the play cd was in the CD drive). :angry:
the thing im gona say tho is that my friend told me that he didnt think that i would be able to play the game on XP until i installed the expansion pack: Lord of Destruction. :rolleyes:
i thought i would just tell you all that and i am now praying that when the expansion pack arrives it will enable me to play on XP. if not you shall hear from me again this time asking for the help! :huh:

(i tried the 1.10 update - didnt change the fact that i still cant get into the game cuz of that annoying insert disc message.)

(just for all you annoying people, yes the game is proper and not any copy. if you want to get the game i founf www.play.com to be very good at 7.99!)

CrA!G

#35 Guest_mephisto1989_*

Guest_mephisto1989_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:38 PM

PLZ PLZ PLZ help....
I bought the original cd and it got broken so now i need a way to run it without a cd (i dont want to spend more money to buy a new one)

Anyway what is this patch that enables u to run the game without the cd?? [email protected] plz tell me where u got it....

Oh ye i also have daemon tools but i need a image file cuz my cd is busted so i cant make one.

If anyone can plz send it to me at mephisto1989Email Removed