• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 gokhanaltintas

gokhanaltintas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 07:32 AM

I've read a small part in regards to the problems that XP SP2 brings to your computer.

You can try rolling back the drivers for your NIC card and whatever hardware is giving you grief.

Now as I said, I've only read a small part so this may or may not help you. But it's worth a try is it not?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please do what I say. And Solve Panda 2005 limited connection problem.
Dr. Gökhan Altıntaş
gokhanaltintasEmail Removed

#62 Guest_Sophie_*

Guest_Sophie_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:42 PM

Please do what I say. And Solve Panda 2005 limited connection problem.
Dr. Gökhan Altıntaş
gokhanaltintasEmail Removed

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

How do I change the SSID name???

#63 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2005 - 10:41 AM

Hi people. I have been searching around, trying to find a solution to my problem.
I am set up on a laptop with a WIfi card. My friend came round, setup with an Intel Centrino. I can't remember why but i disconected from the network, he connected alright, however. Whenever i try to reconnect i just get this limited or no connectivity pop up. I never had any problems like this before either.

Then my friend left, so i assumed it would be ok, but its still all the same :( . I don't know what to do. Any ideas guys?

#64 Guest_Computer Tech_*

Guest_Computer Tech_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:00 PM

Hi guys,

I am a Computer Tech. After much research, and after applying the Winockfix. the Microsoft patch, typing in "192,168.0.2" into the "Alternate Configuration" of TCP/IP properties, uninstalling and reinstalling the NIC, and doing the DNS flush, I found a solution to my "limited or no connectivity" problem. (These other fixes have worked in some cases on other machines except for mine.)

My network card was a Realtek RTL8139/810X. I changed the driver to one I downloaded from Realtek. After installing the RTL8139 (without /810X) driver, the problem was fixed. So the problem in my case was with Win XP SP2s NIC driver update. Hopefull, this will help someone.

Computer Tech

#65 Guest_Guest_Paul_*_*

Guest_Guest_Paul_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:34 AM

This didn't work for me. I did get connectivity again, but the Internet and outlook couldn't find the server...

A very, very big thank you to everyone on this forum who have suggested to make a static IP address!!! I have been playing around with different solutions for over a week now with my wireless network and although some things appeared towork at first, the good ol 'limited or no connectivity' kept coming back...

Just one thing to add: in addition to IP address and subnet mask, make sure you also specify a default gateway (the IP address of your router ie. probably 192.168.1.1). I didn't do this at first and could connect to my router, but not get on the internet. Was very scared at first that this solution didn't work either, but after a bit of playing around it now seems to be fine... fingers crossed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#66 Guest_omar_*

Guest_omar_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:43 AM

I'm having this limited connectivity problem but not over wireless. I just have two NIC cards in my machine. One to the modem and one to the xbox. Swapping cards or cables does nothing, neither does the winsock fix. The xbox is fine on my friends network but not on mine. Strange. Why can't that second card communicate with it?

#67 Guest_scrapitmom_*

Guest_scrapitmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2005 - 08:32 PM

I battled this one for days trying all the suggestions. Turned out I had to enter my WEP key in HEX values. Once I did that. Everything worked! I was using the key that printed out from the router for manually setting up your other machines. But when I looked at the value online for the router it was in hex so I tried it and it worked. FINALLY! I was just about to shell out $100 to the Geek Squad! :D

#68 Guest_Malko_*

Guest_Malko_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:29 AM

Ive been having the same problem, and have tried everything suggested above, to fix it. but no avail. i recently built the system experiencing the trouble, and for about 4 weeks it ran fine, with sp2 installed. then it just came up with the little window, 'limited or no connectivity', and it hasnt been able to connect to the internet since. i set a static ip, the connectivity warning goes, but it still cannot connect to the internet or network. when you click on the network places, then network computers icons, it can only see itself, but other computers on the network can see it aswell, although they cannot access it. i am starting to get exasperated, and cannot think what to do, help please anyone

p.s. im going to try a different driver in the meantime, but any tips/help will be greatly appreciated, thanks

#69 Guest_Cisco Networking Associate_*

Guest_Cisco Networking Associate_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:04 AM

START.......

RUN........

type in CMD........

ENTER

type in netsh winsock reset

ENTER

RESTART

I just fixed mine using this method 5minutes ago.........

#70 Guest_Frank_*

Guest_Frank_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2005 - 01:56 PM

If you guys never got anywhere with this - here is what saved the day for me: Two new Dell Notebooks, WiFi, working great, SP2 installed, still OK, installed SSH Sentinel VPN Client - limited or no connectivity
on bo