• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 westhenge

westhenge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 07:38 PM

i am running xp pro on my laptop. i have set up a network at home (called HOME) and another network at work (called OFFICE). How do i set things up so i can use my laptop at home connected to my HOME network and also at work connected to my OFFICE network. Both networks are small peer to peer networks with only two computers connected to the internet via a ADSL router. The HOME network is configured as a wireless network through a wireless router

#2 Josetann

Josetann

admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,197 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 07:40 AM

I'm guessing your work network is wired? If so then just configure your wired network for work, and your wireless network for home. Shouldn't have any problems. You should even be able to use both networks at the same time, if they were physically located in the same place (I am able to use a wired and a wireless connection at home at the same time).

#3 Guest_Guest_westhenge_*_*

Guest_Guest_westhenge_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2005 - 05:24 AM

i use wired and wireless at home but ended up finding a program called switchpro that is freeware for two networks and shareware for more then two networks. seems to work ok. changes the settings to match the network you are using

#4 nuggetbitez

nuggetbitez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:49 AM

hmm.. ill try finding an answer