HOW DO I OVER CLOCK MY P4 3Ghz?

#2 A+Net+MCP

A+Net+MCP

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 02:34 AM

Research it on the net and you should find plenty of info Posted Image.
CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP-XP Professional

AMD Athlon T-Bird 1.4 @1.53, Thermalright SLK700, Abit KT7A, 900MB PC133, WD 80G SE, Acomdata 160G Ext. S.B Audigy, Pioneer DVR-110, Yamaha 24/10/40, Sony 16X DVD, ATI 9700Pro A-I-W. Samsung 755DF. 3DMark01SE score:10335 3DMark03 score: 4483 My Spec-V web page

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:39 AM

<_< :( :lol: :huh: :blink: :o :ph34r: :rolleyes: B) ;) :unsure: :P :angry: :)

HOW DO I OVER CLOCK MY P4 3Ghz?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#4 Guest_Overclocking Nerd_*

Guest_Overclocking Nerd_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:06 AM

First make sure you have a good motherboard, id recomend an Abit if your serious about overclocking, they have lots of tweaks in the Bios to get the best out of them, I've got my P4 2.8 Northwood running @ 3.5Ghz in an Abit IC7 Max 3 they are getting kind of hard to find now. I picked it up last summer at a computer fair in Manchester, the company have a website now for those not in the manchester area www.ctidirect.co.uk. I get most of my cpus and bits from there all at damn good prices, Overclocking is pot luck though, a good CPU good board and some good ram will certainly help on your quest, A good cooler is a must as well Id recommend XP90 or XP120 heatsink

Cya

Simon

#5 SpaceSquad

SpaceSquad

Enthusiast

• News Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:48 PM

First make sure you have a good motherboard, id recomend an Abit if your serious about overclocking, they have lots of tweaks in the Bios to get the best out of them,  I've got my P4 2.8 Northwood running @ 3.5Ghz in an Abit IC7 Max 3 they are getting kind of hard to find now. I picked it up last summer at a computer fair in Manchester, the company have a website now for those not in the manchester area www.ctidirect.co.uk.  I get most of my cpus and bits from there all at damn good prices,  Overclocking is pot luck though,  a good CPU good board and some good ram will certainly help on your quest,  A good cooler is a must as well Id recommend XP90 or XP120 heatsink

Cya

Simon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow...stupid post. He wants to OC his CURRENT cpu..not buy a new rig..

anyways, welcome to the world of overclocking. Here is a sweet guide that has helped many a new overclocker ###### OC guide. Should get you on your feet.

Just watch those temperatures closely.

Download a program called everest to monitor everything on your computer. Linkage to lavalys site (makes everest)

#6 Guest_Fr4nk_*

Guest_Fr4nk_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:02 PM

First make sure you have a good motherboard, id recomend an Abit if your serious about overclocking, they have lots of tweaks in the Bios to get the best out of them,  I've got my P4 2.8 Northwood running @ 3.5Ghz in an Abit IC7 Max 3 they are getting kind of hard to find now. I picked it up last summer at a computer fair in Manchester, the company have a website now for those not in the manchester area www.ctidirect.co.uk.  I get most of my cpus and bits from there all at damn good prices,  Overclocking is pot luck though,  a good CPU good board and some good ram will certainly help on your quest,  A good cooler is a must as well Id recommend XP90 or XP120 heatsink

Cya

Simon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also every one knows that DFI lanparty NF4 boards are the best clockers :P