- - - - -

smart security

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_aefish_*

Guest_aefish_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2005 - 04:51 AM

I have this pain in the a**e smart security invasion and have gone thru many procedures in an attempt to remove it and regain control of my PC.
I have used the free removal tool - no good.
I have used a variety of spyware/adware stuff - no good.
I have manually configured the registry - no good.
The one thing that seems to be working for others is unchecking a security box in the display web tab on the control panel. The only problem is, I don't have a security (or anything like) checkbox???
giz a clue someone?

#2 Guest_rob46052_*

Guest_rob46052_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:27 AM

i am having the same problem i got rid of the ad on my desk top, but some shortcuts are still not showing up and when a shortcut is made it dooubles them one good short cut and one dead, if i try and delete one it takes the working shortcut away. where is this thing hiding?
any help please email me millennium_interiorEmail Removed

#3 Guest_Michiel_*

Guest_Michiel_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:45 AM

We should kill the bastards at smart-security.info .. the removal link doesn't work .. i tried .. i have 5 different spyware programs and they can't find this thing .. , damnit .. we need 2 have a solution ... maybe just wait for a good removal tool of the damn thing

#4 Guest_Guest_andrew_*_*

Guest_Guest_andrew_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:22 PM

hi there, found this site by googling, have exactly the same problem myself and its an absolute nightmare. no solutions yet?

#5 Paul K

Paul K

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:47 AM

Hi, I had this problem too and hated it but was able to rid my desktop. Go to bleepingcomputer.com website. These guys are very good and I believe they created Spybot Search and Destroy. You will need to download it and install. It is free. It is legitimate (It received well remarks in this months (Aug 2005)Consumer Reports magazine).
Run it and it should take care of SmartSecurity red and black banner. Hint- I had to run Spy Bot twice.....but it did it.
I have microsofts anti-spy stuff and Webroot Spy Sweeper, but it was Spy Bot that killed it.
Hope I've helped.
Paul