13 replies to this topic

#1 SpaceSquad

SpaceSquad

Enthusiast

• News Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:42 PM

Waaaaaaay too much spam on these forums...part of the reason I only swing by like once a week. I think the mods/admins should really crack down.

#2 Josetann

Josetann

admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,197 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:40 AM

We need more mods/admins.

#3 punkmusiq41

punkmusiq41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:17 AM

i'll be a Mod if you want, i post about 4 times a day :D

plus i usually post in referrals/freeipods forums so i mean i could be a mod there because a bunch of Guests post in everyones thread A LOT and i would love to crack down on them
Posted Image

#4 Josetann

Josetann

admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,197 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 12:16 PM

Ah, the Referrals/FreeIpods forum...that's where spam belongs though. Unfortunately it filters out into the rest of the forums. I'd probably dump the whole thing...but there was a decent increase in ad revenue after creating that forum...so for now, it's something I'll put up with.

If you have specific examples of problems in that area, feel free to point them out...just letting you know now that more than likely, we'll continue to overlook what goes on there, as long as no one is breaking any of the rules (software piracy, for example).

#5 punkmusiq41

punkmusiq41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:25 PM

u sorta just hinted at cutting the referrals/freeipods forum, if you are even considering it please don't because this is no doubt the best forum site where you can post links and you know you will get a lot of looks

A BUNCH of people depend on this site for this reason alone, me included
Posted Image

#6 SpaceSquad

SpaceSquad

Enthusiast

• News Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:03 PM

there are a bucnh of piracy ect posts...its really annoying. I mean...AT LEAST state that you "lost" your cd-key...goddamn. I wrote this cause I was a bit angry...I spazzed at like 10 spammers...

Im trying to help someone in the hardware section, but some moron decides to post his freeipods ref link...weak. I think those people should be banned.

#7 Freeipods732

Freeipods732

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:07 AM

You know what else could help the problem, make it a requirement to register before having the ability to post.

This could especially benefit the Referral/FreeiPods forum because many people post something, then log out and act like somone else. There are also TONS of worthless topics per day started by guests. I dont know, but i think it would stop a lot of them if they had to register.

#8 Josetann

Josetann

admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,197 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:49 PM

I've already started banning people who posted cd keys, cracks, and the referrals outside of the appropriate forum. I haven't counted, but I think half or more people who spammed were registered users.

Obviously I can't catch every single post, anyone who wants to help, please get aquainted with the "Report" button just below each post. That notifies a moderator that there's a problem with the post, and it needs someone's attention.

#9 zspec32

zspec32

Forum Addict

• Elite Anti-Scammers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:42 PM

I'm glad to see measures are being taken!

Techguide ELITE (Vice President)

Posted Image

>OFFICAL Middle Man<

Contact Info: [email protected] <== MSN

OR

PM ME!

Posted Image
*I proudly sponser the Anti-Scammers Special Thanks to Allanon*
Posted Image

TRANSACTION HISTORY:
1. I sent $100 money order to Sid first and got a picture with a FREE Party Hat second...Status: COMPLETED (Awesome Guy!)

2. I gave 1 million gold to hey jude first and he was supposed to pay $9 PayPal...Status: SCAMMED!!! We all know what I think about scammers.
3. Got $77 from nypur3hoppz first and traded him 11 mil second...Status: COMPLETED (Highly Recomended user)
4. Got $48 from nypur3hoppz first and traded him 6 mil second...Status: COMPLETED (Highly Recomended user)
5. Got $15 from pro edge first and traded him 2 mil second...Status: COMPLETED (Great doing business!)
6. Got $175 from RS2 buyer first and traded him 25 mil second...Status: COMPLETED (Smooth trade! Would do business again!)

7. Got $50 from RS2 buyer first and traded him 7 mil second...Status: COMPLETED (Awesome buyer! Flawless transaction)

MIDDLE MAN (MM) HISTORY:
1. Received 500k from aidskaid and he received member's PIN from bloodogre, then I paid bloodogre the 500k...Status: COMPLETED

2. MMed an account trade for gold between grassyassnub and mattman18...Status: COMPLETED (Went fast and smooth...A+ to both guys!)
3. MMed members pins for dann...Status: COMPLETED (Fast trade...great guy)
4. MMed gold (4 mil) trade for yeseysyysysysysysy...Status: COMPLETED (Fast and easy)

#10 Allanon

Allanon

Forum Addict

• Forum Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:39 PM

is Posted Image Really so bad?

Posted Image

Well... That happened

#11 Dann

Dann

Forum Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 11:43 AM

Yes. Its nasty. Crap. And makes the forum look [censored]e.
1 : Sold Twista 7 Mils : Successful!
2 : Sold Spin 3 Mils : Successful!
3 : Swapped accounts with Bloodogre : Successful!
4 : Sold 1 member pin to Tobeornottobe : Successful! : [ Used spec32 as MM! ]
5 : Sold 1 member pin to Tobeornottobe : Successful! : [ Used zspec32 as MM! ]
6 : Bought pin from u n l u c k y : Successful!
7 : Bought pin from ik1llf0rfun : Successful!
8 : Bought pin from Pixeled : Successful!
9 : Bought 3 sigs from leetsause : Successful!
10: Bought 1 pin from kaibaman : Successful!
11: Bought 1 pin from mageudown : Successful! : [ Used Leetsause as MM! ]

The Trusted MM's:

1 : Bloodogre
2 : Leetsause
3 : RSGOD

Posted Image

My Site will be up soon...

#12 Allanon

Allanon

Forum Addict

• Forum Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 11:48 PM

I know I was just jokin around

Posted Image

Well... That happened

#13 rs owner

rs owner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 04:19 AM

"Too much spam" I dont think so, I think this site is pretty cool :D
Posted Image

#14 Allanon

Allanon

Forum Addict

• Forum Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:41 PM

Yea this is pretty old, I think the problem has taken care of itself in a lot of the forums.

Posted Image

Well... That happened