• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:12 PM

Ok to start off here are my specs,

Cpu: P2mmx 266
Ram: 287 pc133
Video card: Radeon 9200 pro 128Mb

I want to O/C what ever I can to get more out of this rig untill I can built a new one. Do ant of you guys have any suggestions as to how I could do that? I have tryed to O/C the Cpu, but all I could get was 233. There was one jumper setting that did nothing, it botted up and did notthing else.

#2 Jac3624

Jac3624

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:11 PM

Censored

#3 SpaceSquad

SpaceSquad

Enthusiast

• News Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 08:45 PM

cool....now I'm not gonna help you out.

And I don't consider myself a "pompus asshole"

maybe you should just move on.

#4 Jac3624

Jac3624

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:58 AM

Sorry just Pissed because it takes over a month for anyone to reply to a post here. It's not like you where going to anyway.

#5 SpaceSquad

SpaceSquad

Enthusiast

• News Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 11:09 AM

Sorry just Pissed because it takes over a month for anyone to reply to a post here. It's not like you where going to anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats the attitude that turns me off from this post. I come here only once in awhile...so I can't be there 5 seconds after your post. And i WOULD HAVE helped you if you hadn't iinsulted the board.

Now, here is what I suggest:

Add some sort of cooling to your case (a fan) to keep air moving around..since many old comps don't even have case fans.

You say there is only one jumper setting...no worries. When the system boots up, click the "key" repeatedly to enter the BIOS. This "key" varies from computer to computer. Mine is the delete key. But some machines use the F1, F8, ect keys..just try them out. So then find the frequency settings. If you find a clock speed adjuster...that would be extremely easy...just up it a bit. But most comps only have a multiplyer setting (eg my amd64 3200: runs at 200MHz HTT sooo...200x10multiplyer = 2000Mhz), or it may just have a FSB changer-thingy. So use one of those to up your clock speed. Don't push it too hard...only like 10Mhz jumps at one time...then boot, and check stability.

There are many deals on the net...you can get a mobo+cpu for very cheap.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813138243 - cheap combo...pretty nice too.