Photo
- - - - -

Podcasts: What are they? Which ones to get?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 punkmusiq41

punkmusiq41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:48 PM

I'm not sure if this is good enough but i hope it is (this is from my blog here: http://www.techwrap.blogspot.com). If it isn't then just reply here and tell me josetan n and i'll add a new one

Posted Image
About only 20% of the U.S. know what podcasts are which is a real shame. For those of you that don't know what podcasting is get ready for a treat because i'm about to tell you.

Podcasts are basically TiVoed radio shows. There are a great variety of topics from technology to sports. Basically, sum people will get together (ranges from 1-5) and just record themselves talking about a topic (a talk radio show basically). So basically you can download and subscribe to these things and just put them on your ipod and listen to them. Many aren't entertaining at all which is a true bummer. I've found 2 funny shows that also have good content.

Diggnation - Tech podcast
Dremstation.CC - Video Game podcast

*you can get these podcast from iTunes 4.9 or greater. Also, you could google it and find their sites.

Rating: 5/5
Posted Image

#2 Josetann

Josetann

admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,197 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:11 PM

Not long enough, sorry. The soft rule is a full page, of course there's some leeway, but this is quite short. Perhaps you could write a how-to on creating your own podcasts, or how to subscribe to podcasts, etc. Or do both and enter twice!

If you want to do definitions, that's ok, but perhaps you could turn it into a longer FAQ that we could use? Just an idea.