209 replies to this topic

#21 Josetann

Josetann

admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,197 posts

Posted 23 November 2001 - 03:05 PM

The whole point of this thread, is to say that MS has proven that the anti-piracy methods are not limited to just what you get when you install the software. They can affect a pirated copy well after it is installed, especially if you let it update.

Want to take this risk? Go for it. Don't want to and/or want to be legal? Buy the software.

#22 Guest_himalayas1_*

Guest_himalayas1_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2001 - 08:09 PM

I know one reason of the cracked vision appearing :
Mirosoft has one unnessary WPA vision for some corporation,
so the Sadan had the choice to compare the two vision ,and found the key of WPA ,,then
Made a vision that WPA always resumed it as 0days used
production
ok?
my english is worse ..sorry
himalayas

#23 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2001 - 08:10 PM

Well guyz guess wht??? I live in Pakistan and Software Piracy is Legal here, and i also have a CRACKED version of WinXp (build 2600),WinMe, Win98, Win95,Ofiice xp, Nortan Antivirus, You name it i got it;)

#24 MuffinAss

MuffinAss

journeyman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 November 2001 - 08:27 PM

I can't believe that some of you guys actually take pride in having illegitimate software. Stealing is stealing any way you look at it. If you steal software then you are a thief. Some accomplishment.

#25 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2001 - 08:33 PM

Well...LOL

My house hold income is RS-20,000/month WinXp costs about RS-14,500 ...huh ....I can get it for RS-25(1 dollar = RS-60)
So why should i buy it for 14,500 and by the way Piracy is legal over here, So you cant do nothing about it;)

#26 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2001 - 08:41 PM

one more thing my WinXp(Pirated) Is Uptodate i know a site tht(if) MS relases some kind of patch to lock me up, I can go to tht site(pakistani) and get the latest crack

PS:I was running WinXp(build 2600) 2 months Before the offical launch

#27 MuffinAss

MuffinAss

journeyman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 November 2001 - 08:44 PM

If you can't afford it then don't use it. Whether it's legal or not where you're at doesn't make it morally right, you know it's wrong. Maybe your income would be better if people didn't steal things that didn't belong to them.

#28 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2001 - 08:49 PM

well i have a hell lot of things to tell u guyz ...one more thing is tht my WinXp is already Activated i know it bcoz u can type this command in ur run to find out " oobe/msoobe /a "
when i run it it opens a very cool looking app saying " Windows is already activated click ok to exit "

hehehe ;)

#29 MuffinAss

MuffinAss

journeyman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 November 2001 - 08:50 PM

Also, why not use Linux, most versions are completely free and will do anything that Windows will do, just takes a little more work to learn it? BTW, I'm not flaming anyone, do what you're gonna do. I do however believe that Microsoft's pricing in different countries should be consistent with the incomes in those countries, just like prescription drugs, so I can see where you're coming from, doesn't mean that I agree with just taking it and using it.

#30 Guest_Sidespin_*

Guest_Sidespin_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2001 - 11:10 AM

XP Pro OEM Eng gave me 30 days to activate.

#31 Guest_Gene Simmons_*

Guest_Gene Simmons_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2001 - 07:32 PM

When in Rome, do what the Romans do, Winderz always downloads your updates to a folder and stores them there, what I do, and I don't know if any of you do this, is back those files up so if something like that does happen then I can re-install it with all the updates that did work. That's why my Office 2000 never got zapped, my SR-1 was downloaded before all of that crap, never needed to download it again. I back up my Winderz downloads and if I get a bad one, then the world hasn't totally ended. :D

Peace

#32 Guest_Jeff K_*

Guest_Jeff K_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2001 - 07:19 PM

shut up dumsh0es yuo sux0rz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

#33 The_Flames

The_Flames

enthusiast

• Forum Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 November 2001 - 07:25 PM

How hard of you you know how to try an insult people, goto a diffrent forum were people care :P

#34 Guest_Phaetoon_*

Guest_Phaetoon_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2001 - 05:54 PM

I have the same problem with one og my computers...
I have two nearly identical systems.
Athlon XP1800+
Asus A7V266-E
Geforce 2 GTS
SB Live! 1024
IBM Deskstar 60GXP 30GB, 20GB Fujitsu
Asus 300W Hightower

And it crashes all the time
It has something to do with the g-card
Win XP gives information in the BSOD about the dll-file
nv4disp.dll...

But the other system seems to work ok
Athlon XP1800+
Asus A7V266-E
Asus Geforce DDR (6800 Deluxe)
SB Live! 1024
Seagate Cheetah
IBM Deskstar 60GXP 60GB
300W (low quality) Miditower.

Both systems are equiped with a Pioneer 16x/40x DVD-rom, a 40X CD-Rom and a Plextor 16/10/40 burner.

The only difference between those systems is the harddrives and the Geforce's. And the drivers to those g-cards.

Try different drivers for your Geforce. Detonator 4 has some issues with win98 and via... this could affect other os:es as well...

#35 Guest_NEEDS_HELP_*

Guest_NEEDS_HELP_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2001 - 05:18 PM

hi there mate, you will have a problem with this! if u change the time on ur computer forward u will find that the eval wont work. I've got the full edition and eval but havent got a valid serial for the full edition .... windows xp pro 2600 build english version. All the serials on the net are bull [censored] as they are not for my build or for different editions. Can anyone help me???

Either i need a serial for windows xp pro 2600 build or I need a way of bypassing the serial section! The eval version is [censored] as it only works for 180days

if anyone can help me please post a reply here as soon as u can!!!!!

#36 The_Flames

The_Flames

enthusiast

• Forum Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 December 2001 - 07:23 PM

you willl find tha all the serials on the net are for the pro volume lisence, you need a key that matches you ver. if it's not a volume ver then you will have to activate it, and if you use a key that is in use it will be rejected, and then xp will not work !!!!

#37 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2001 - 06:56 PM

Isn't the spelling of something contained in something called within and not "with in" as you so noted? Now I realize this has nothing to do with the content of your comment, however, as one of those of no particular exception to the comment, am curious how one as apparently self agrandizingly non-stupid could allow such general mastery to overlook the exception in your seemingly otherwise perfect life.

#38 The_Flames

The_Flames

enthusiast

• Forum Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 December 2001 - 08:59 PM

I know that my english grammer and speeling's are bad, but I beleve the content is ually more important, if the information is required to be spelled corectly then i tripple chech the data, but in most cases grammer and spellings aren't needed to accute to portray the information.

#39 Guest_Space Between_*

Guest_Space Between_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2001 - 09:28 AM

You know if you want to run a pirated version fine. I myself cant say everything i got is 100% paid for...or else i would be broker than a window in the ghetto. So run the real/fake copy of whatever you got. If either of those copies stops/locks on you...then find a way to unlock it...or just get a new copy. If you complain about piracy and its flaws...then buy. If you complain the price is too high...then pirate. But whaterver you do...dont just give up.

#40 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2001 - 07:46 AM

There is more to this then just stealing. I have legit versions of everything but I strongly object to being forced to register. Because of the MS monopoly we have no control over how we buy and use our software. The rights of computer users should be tanamount. Nobody has protected me from the tens of thousands of dollars I have spent on software from MS that didn't work with anything like the early versions of nt. and then the pile of apps I have bought only to have them discontinued without warning. I am all for cracking all xp products sharing serial numbers anything to make them stop this [censored].
Gary LeDrew