- - - - -

WinXp Activation Crack?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
486 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Bwana_*

Guest_Bwana_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2001 - 12:12 PM

I just purchased Windows Xp OEM, and do not want to register the SW. I am a sucker for new SW, but I hate the fact that MS is forcing registration. I will have a valid Key. I just want to know the best way around the product activation. Also I donít want to be pestered when I upgrade equipment.

Thanks for any help.

#2 Big_Z

Big_Z

• Private Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 December 2001 - 05:39 PM

If you can get you hands on acopy of the XP corporate edition, activation is not required

#3 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2001 - 07:13 PM

Activate it and make a Ghost image afterwords.

#4 The_Flames

The_Flames

enthusiast

• Forum Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 December 2001 - 07:26 PM

or just copy wpa.mdb from the system32 dir and just re-copy it back, if's it less than 6 major hw changes in 6 months it should be ok

#5 TheReasonIFailed

TheReasonIFailed

journeyman

• Private Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 December 2001 - 08:11 PM

you talk about activation cracks in your subject but your body talks about registration. so what is is that you don't want to do? you can activate windows and not register. activation is necessary...registration is not!!!! registration has never been necessary to run a microsoft operating system.
if at first you dont succeed, call it version 1.0

#6 Guest_Bwana_*

Guest_Bwana_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2001 - 07:14 AM

I had thought activation was tied into registration.
I guess what I'm talking about is activation, whatever it is that requires me to have to contact MS whenever I change HW.
I was thinking that if I made a copy of the CD, replacing the setupp.ini so it thought it was a corporate edition, and then tracked down a corporate key. I might be able to bypass activation.

#7 The_Flames

The_Flames

enthusiast

• Forum Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 03 December 2001 - 07:46 AM

corporate edition / volume edition has a few files that are diffrent, pluss some files are not registered during an install

changing the pid justs changes the look during the setup

PS I have access to a volume licence but it looks like the Retail version during the setup :)

#8 Guest_Mzee_*

Guest_Mzee_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2001 - 11:49 AM

Hi!

I thought that activation is a must no matter which license you have.Using [email protected] might make your genuine WinXP VIRAL.

What about the difference between MSDN Volume licensed and corporate version?

I can tell the difference between OEM, RETAIL, UPGRADE, CORPORATE , but not MSDN one.

Mzee

#9 The_Flames

The_Flames

enthusiast

• Forum Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 05:04 PM

microsoft releced a volume licence to corprate business so there techs could install 100+ copy onto a large network of pc and not have to register each one. If you gat a copy of win xp or office xp from your local pirate, it will of this type as it doesnt need regerstring.

#10 Guest_bagem_*

Guest_bagem_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2001 - 02:40 PM

I've got a copy of windows xp home edition and need the Product ID, anyone have this? Thanks

#11 Guest_Lurker_*

Guest_Lurker_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2001 - 07:40 AM

I remember seeing a work around for this somewhere. I'm pretty sure you can just go into the registry and theres a key for activation. Then all you need to to is change it from a 0 to 1. I think its under Local Machine --> Software --> Microsoft --> Windows --> Current Version

Not 100% about that path

If I can find that info again I'll link to it

#12 The_Flames

The_Flames

enthusiast

• Forum Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 December 2001 - 08:23 AM

that key is only active in the beta relieces
MS relieced that key as the testers had to re-regester on every config that they tried!

#13 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2001 - 10:36 AM

I have corporate and all activation does is tell them who has the software. if u have a pirate copy and a good key then they'll never know the difference.

#14 Guest_Smille02_*

Guest_Smille02_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2001 - 07:40 PM

Could some kind soul send me the wpa.mdb from the system32 direcory, if that indeed works? I too purchased both XP Professional Upgrade and Office Pro upgrade. I'm a UNIX concentrated techie and tripple boot my systems (a laptop and two desktops) -

I already gave bill a thousand dollars of my hard earned cash that day, I'm afraid that if he gets any more, he's just going to explode - ergo, we'll be doing him (and me) a big favor! [email protected]
Muchos Gracias!

#15 The_Flames

The_Flames

enthusiast

• Forum Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 December 2001 - 07:24 AM

using somebodys else's WBA.dbl file will only work if they have onlmost identail hardware, if there is more than 3 difrences, or a diffrent Mother Board it will be rejected and re-ask for registration!

#16 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2001 - 08:04 AM

YOU CAN NOT GHOST XP IT DOES NOT WORK IT CURRUPTS IT ANY VERSION.

#17 rdc

rdc

enthusiast

• Private Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 December 2001 - 10:28 AM

Norton ghost 2002 is xp and xp pro compatible

#18 Guest_Smille02_*

Guest_Smille02_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2001 - 10:47 PM

This is simply not true. I have used Ghost32.exe and ghost.exe (formerlly ghostpe.exe) many times - The only problem I've seen is it cannot read disks greater that 80 MB in size.

Question - Why would an OS be particular to a bit-wise, sector-by-sector copy, derrived soley from the physical disk geometry? Obviously, the OS wouldn't even be live, ergo, you'd be booted from a 98 / ME floppy and running DOS anyway. I've been doing the same thing on EMC and Clarrion Fiber DASD through ESCON and now TCP/IP channels for several years. It works wonderfully, checksums the results for absolute commitals, it's lightening fast ( like 10 minutes in PC land for 10 GB exact replica) - It is one or two levels under the OS, under the filesystem.

Please clarify (perhaps you're referring to the "DataMover" app (when c turns into d, change all references.. I wouldn't trust that either - even in a 16 bit and fat simplified environment.)

In regards to "it only works if the machines are almost identical..", then how does an Enterprise do a large install with such a boiler plate mechanism in place? I've been at a few large shops, their PC architectures vary widely.

--swm [email protected]

#19 MuffinAss

MuffinAss

journeyman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 December 2001 - 11:30 PM

I had a few problems with Ghost 2002 myself. Every time I would restore an image, the image would be placed in a different area of the hard drive than it was origionally. Added the crc check when creating the image and it was fixed. So, it does work with XP.

#20 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2001 - 02:55 PM

here is what your looking for...

On the first boot after install is complete, boot into SAFE MODE
(thats the F8 key) and open regedit.exe
Locate this following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsNTCurrentVersion
change the "RegDone" key value fron 0 to 1

Then find this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsNTCurrentVersionWinLogon