486 replies to this topic

#481 Bronx1

Bronx1

stranger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 02:15 PM

Does anyone know Exactly what the hex edit changes. I have used it for now over a year. And have had no problems. Thanks

#482 Guest_FunnyGuy_*

Guest_FunnyGuy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2003 - 11:15 AM

If you want to bypass activation for Windows XP, the December 12, 2002 posting by Merlin totally works. I have done it on many computers without failure. You need UltraEdit (or any hex editor), alter the winlogon.exe, and replace the apporpriate files. Look at Merlin's instructions above. Follow the instructions. It works.

#483 Guest_gyanarora_*

Guest_gyanarora_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2003 - 12:13 PM

I just purchased Windows Xp OEM, and do not want to register the SW. I am a sucker for new SW, but I hate the fact that MS is forcing registration. I will have a valid Key. I just want to know the best way around the product activation. Also I donít want to be pestered when I upgrade equipment.

Thanks for any help.

Hi
I have purchased microsoft office xp OEM and have a valid key but after its intallation I came to know that I shall have to activate it .
what should I do to use it without activation?
Thanks & Regards
--Gyan
  • Office XP Activation Crack

#484 [email protected]_*

Posted 22 April 2003 - 12:55 PM

Ok, i recently purchased XP pro full off of ebay.com, it hasnt arrived yet but ive got to get it onto 6 seprate machines, i was recently hacked and dont want to repeat the process, i bought XP because i know ME doesnt have enough security to stop a dying cyber dust mite from frying your hard drive... isnt it possible that when you butcher XP onto your system it squeels out in pain, telling microsoft all about you and your dirty work and bringin em to your door with a SWAT team behind them? o.O not my idea of a good day

I was wondering how bad XP will run on a p3 500 with 768 megs of ram, a 30 gig hard drive, 32 meg video card, sound blaster awe 64, and a 10/100 network, this computer is used mainly for gaming on battle.net and currently has 300 some odd megs of ram in it, all of which is used when i play diablo two lord of destruction on its lowest settings, 200 megs of my virtual memory are used also :ph34r:

(as i chatter on *rolls eyes*) when i do crack XP, what can i expect? it to run beautifully? or to find a bunch of super geeks with cattle prods at my door the next day, i also would like to know if i am less likly or more likly to get hacked running this operating system behind norton firewall

If you want to crack XP, you may want to try some serious warez sites, do NOT download an OS off of kazaa, morpheus, or whatever, there is a BIG chance it is messed with, (I.E. spyware, zombie type viruses ((zombie viruses are viruses that use your computer to attack other computers)) or just plain viruses that are meant to kill your computer)
and not fully functional, personally i would just go mow a few lawns, skip dinner once or twice, and go buy XP pro and crack it but thats just the opinion of a 14 year old, so dont listen to me, please, im too young to know anything :P

ONE last thing
which is less of a system drain, 2000 pro or XP pro?

e-mail me with replies, ill probably lose this thread in the millions of SPAM e-mails that i get from symantic

#485 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2003 - 12:42 AM

Is there anyway to look at your xp cd to tell if you have a xp pro corporate version.I have several copys was wondering If by chance I came across a corporate version. :blink:

#486 Guest_Anon 2_*

Guest_Anon 2_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2003 - 02:50 PM

Why logon in safe mode ? What happens on first boot?

#487 Guest_Funky_Low_Brother_*

Guest_Funky_Low_Brother_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2003 - 10:38 PM

Okay, i've downloaded about 3 copies of window xp pro corp (supposedly). Anyway, each copy has the same EULA as eachother and my original copy of xp pro. Each EULA says that activation is required within 30 days. Should corp have the same EULA as the retail xp pro??? If corp doesn't require activation, why does it say that it does in the EULA??? Do I even have an xp corp if it is saying this??? If I don't have a corp version, how can I ever tell when I do, what do you look for???

Thanks in advance for any replies.