- - - - -

WinXp Activation Crack?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
486 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2002 - 11:51 PM

Guys, I purchased XP pro and installed it on my system. I have one PC on which I use a removable hard disk, one has internet access (and nothing of real importance that a virus could screw) and the other is high end CAD programs. I want to use XP on both systems, but don't wish to buy two copies. From what I've read above, the content of the activation code is dependent upon the hardwar config (correct?). Will the activation key provided work on both systems? I'd hate to activate one then realise that I can't activate the other. Thanks in advance!

#42 Guest_JayDawg_*

Guest_JayDawg_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2002 - 05:42 PM

I have bought an Upgrade for XP and need to know if i can put it on more then one computer??? Help me.

#43 Guest_Fireball_*

Guest_Fireball_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2002 - 05:31 AM

Use modified "winlogon.exe" (posted a few days ago) in each copy. With this modified file u can use so many copies as you wish :)))
But legal is ONLY one (in single licence)...

#44 Guest_Skipp_*

Guest_Skipp_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2002 - 11:54 AM

This modified winlogon file does not work, advance your clock one year and see what happens, you'll be in a right jam.
On the subject: once i adjusted my clock to one year ahead to see if this crack works, I ended up in an eternal loop at logon with a message saying this copy had to be registered, It would not allow me to register just kept loging on and off. Is there a way to stop this?

#45 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2002 - 09:10 AM

Did you get an answer to your question? I am in the same situation.........Thanks in advance

#46 Guest_Fireball_*

Guest_Fireball_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2002 - 04:46 PM

Sorry, maybe youv made a mistake. This way modified winlogon *IS* OK!
A few my friends tested it so. Now i have set year 2003 for 5 days - everything is fine.

#47 Guest_Fireball_*

Guest_Fireball_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2002 - 05:23 PM

Be *SURE* youv made this winlogon swap at the *FIRST* login (safe mode) immediatelly after install.
So your winlogon *MUST BE* prepared before !!!!
Expand your "winlogon.ex_" from install CD and have it prepared for the first safe login...
Thats all !!!!
My instalation is dated on 01-15-2002. My current computer date (while writing this post) is *11-04-2002* WITHOUT activation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this crack doesnot work, i couldnt write this post. Undestand now ???

#48 Guest_Fireball_*

Guest_Fireball_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2002 - 05:19 AM

...and after all i recomend :
do not delete or owerwrite original winlogon files (dirs sys32 and sys32dllcache), just rename them into "winlogon_orig.exe" etc.

wish you luck

#49 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2002 - 01:36 PM

The registry editing is only part of cracking XP, i think you still need to replace the login & a few dll's!

#50 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2002 - 12:05 PM

I have a legit copy of XP Pro but do not want this activation nevertheless. I have located the win32 directory but i can not find this dllcache file you mentioned. Where is this? Can I just save the winlogon file with the new numbers and put it in a floppy and just replace at first safe boot?

THanks

#51 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2002 - 12:10 PM

I found the directory. So all i have to do is save the winlogon file with hexedit with the new numbers and save onto a floppy. Than after installing XP, upon first boot, go to safe mode. Next go to those two directories and rename winlogon with winlogonorig or something and drop in the modified file onto both directories?

#52 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2002 - 06:26 PM

alejandro

#53 Guest_Fireball_*

Guest_Fireball_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2002 - 02:44 AM

....too late.
Once more (and last time): you MUST have prepared modified wonlogon BEFORE first safe login after install ended (use floppy).
When you login into XP for the FIRST time on normal mode, maybe this recipe wont work... I did NOT test it.
Go this way :
1) prepare modified winlogon (works with ver 2600)
2) install clear XP (Pro or Home)
3) the *FIRST* login into installed XP *MUST BE SAFE*, login as admin
4) locate windirsystem32dllcachewinlogon.exe and rename it into "winlogon_orig.exe"
5) copy modified winlogon into dllcache dir
6) locate windirsystem32winlogon.exe and rename it the same way
7) copy modified winlogon into system32 dir
8) reboot, all done

#54 The_Flames

The_Flames

enthusiast

• Forum Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 February 2002 - 04:22 AM

you will find that will only work on beta or RC versions, this is because MS didnt want all the testers to wast time with WPA insted of finding busg

#55 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2002 - 09:49 PM

I have a copy of Corp version of XP can MS hunt me down, if so will they just stop me from using it or I'm going to Jail! I have DSL on a network?
Thanks

#56 rdc

rdc

enthusiast

• Private Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 February 2002 - 12:42 PM

Did you see the movie " The green mile " , ever heard of "dead man walking " ,or " the bounty hunter " .
I would always look over my shouder from now on .
Serious now , I hope for your sake Microsoft will not bother you but you never know .

#57 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2002 - 08:26 PM

hey, I got a copy of winXP "corporate" last night. or at least thats what i says it is. Are there any visible differences in the corporate version or is it just the removal of the activation b.s.??

any info is appreciated.

#58 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2002 - 10:33 PM

Flames, you need to check your spelling every once in a while bud. 9 typos in 2 sentences is pretty bad.

#59 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2002 - 11:14 PM

I just purchased XP PROFESSIONAL OEM and want to be able to install it on 4 different computers. Can I get something that will let me do this and not have to buy 3 more.

#60 Josetann

Josetann

admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,197 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 09:15 AM

Unless your license states otherwise, you have to have four copies of WinXP if you want to install it on four different computers.