2 replies to this topic

#1 kingdan

kingdan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 03:23 PM

hey,
im new to this overclocking thing. I was wondering if u can overclock a Sony Vaio VGN-FS742/W.
im running on Centrino 1.73, 512 megs of RAM and 80 gigs of harddrive. another question, even though i have 512 of RAM how come in the Systems tab it says i have 504 of RAM?
thanks

#2 Jonathan Fu

Jonathan Fu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:53 PM

hey,
im new to this overclocking thing. I was wondering if u can overclock a Sony Vaio VGN-FS742/W.
im running on Centrino 1.73, 512 megs of RAM and 80 gigs of harddrive. another question, even though i have 512 of RAM how come in the Systems tab it says i have 504 of RAM?
thanks

Sometimes the readings may be incorrect, or the ram hasn't been installed correctly, and or BIOS issues.

And to answer your other question, you should not overclock a Laptop. Reason, it can overheat and "kill" so to speak, all your computer parts, and render your laptop useless.

-Jonathan Fu
;)

#3 muhahaha

muhahaha

Forum Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:03 PM

Sometimes the readings may be incorrect, or the ram hasn't been installed correctly, and or BIOS issues.

And to answer your other question, you should not overclock a Laptop. Reason, it can overheat and "kill" so to speak, all your computer parts, and render your laptop useless.

-Jonathan Fu
[/b] ;)

lol i did it with my old laptop, poor little thing was smoking!! :D and render it usless, well thats not completly true, i used mine as a food tray :P

Posted Image

Posted Image