#1 Chykityta17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:37 PM

:angry: Last Week, my second computer crashed with a message window that said:

User Interface Failure

The Logon User Itnerface DLL
C:\WINDOWS\system32\BCMLogon.dll failed to load.

Contact your system administrator to replace the DLL, or restore the original DLL

Restart (buttom)

I have researched everywhere I could to find a solution or to atleast know what it was and I came to no solution but a good website, and that is yours. Some time before, like two weeks before, I used to login by the blue screen where you selected the username and then the space for you to type your password, but since that time it changed to the old way where you had to type in the user you wanted to use and then type in the password. I saw not a big deal on this because the user was still saved for when I was going to log into the computer, but, exactly a week ago, I started getting system messages for a day, and I thought it might be some type of virus, so I had in consideration, saving my files into a jumpdrive and reinstalling the operating system. So I started by deleting some programs that I didn't need. So at the time I closed the Control Panel, my screen went blue with a very long message in white letters and the computer just turned off. When I tried to turnit back on, I got the message that is above.

First, I triedaccessing the Last Good Known Configuration feature, but still gave me the same message. Then, I used the Operating System CD to Repair the OSalready in the computer, everything went alright, until it Restarted itself, and still gave me the same message.

I would appreciate your help. Thanks!

#2 birdman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:42 PM

To resolve the problem and restore the Welcome Screen and Fast User Switching, you need to reset the GinaDLL entry using these steps:

* Click Start, Run and type REGEDIT
* Navigate to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon
* Backup the key by exporting to a file.
* In the right pane, right-click GinaDLL, and then click Delete. (You need to remove the whole value, not just its Value Data)
* Close Registry Editor

You can read about this at the Microsoft Knowledge Base
How To Use the Fast User Switching Feature in Windows XP
Posted Image¶¶MOBHITS¶¶¶¶TrafficG¶¶¶¶TreasureTrooper¶¶
[url="http://i1.tinypic.com/sc9d8n.jpg">http://i1.tinypic.com/sc9d8n.jpg"]WANT PROOF THIS WORKZ[/url]