- - - - -

XP BOOT SCREENS

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2002 - 07:39 AM

Press F8 once after the PC has detected the IDE devices (hard drives and cd roms, while the tables are loading displaying all the devices and "VERIFYING DMI POOL...."), then select SAFE MODE or PROMPT ONLY... alternatively pressing F5 will take you straight into safe mode.

If you are still unable, open a command prompt in XP (hold windows key and press R, type CMD and hit enter) then put a BLANK floppy into your floppy drive and type:
format a: /s
[press enter]
LEAVE THE FLOPPY IN THE DRIVE and reboot your PC... then follow everyone else's direction on overwriting the ntoskrnl.exe in DOS...

If you still can't do it, Get a win98 cd and pop it in your cd drive, reboot, format your drive and install 98... you dont deserve XP.. LOL

#22 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2002 - 12:50 PM

So then how would you completely disable the bootscreen?

#23 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2002 - 02:26 AM

Can anyone help me with this..? I had a duel bootup system windows 98 and xp And i edited the system startup .. now i can only boot up in xp... can any one give me the lines to put back so i can boot into ether system ... i cant remember what the extra lines are
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="WindowsXp Professional" /fastdetect /kernel=KERNEL13.exe

#24 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2002 - 10:55 AM

the format command swich /s is not used under XP

#25 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2002 - 06:27 AM

Any one know how to change the logon screen. The OLD styly one not the NEW.

Thanx
Rich

#26 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2002 - 05:07 PM

I am looking into customizing my boot up, found the files and am ready to edit the image. Do I have to keep the same 16 colors that are in the palette? or can I create my own 16 colors? Also are there any sites out there with pe0ople sharing different bootup screens?

#27 Guest_Hamptonius_*

Guest_Hamptonius_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2002 - 03:19 PM

You will need Resource Hacker. http://rpi.net.au/~a...resourcehacker/

Install it and go to c:windowssystem32. Locate the file named: ntosknrl.exe Make a copy of it and name the copy ntoskrnl.bak. Then, using Resource Hacker, open the ntoskrnl.exe. You will see a folder called bitmaps. Open it, and the folder tree will expand to show 11 folders. 1 for the main bitmap, and 8-9 for the moving thingy, and 10-11 for the background. It's really easy.
let me know if I can [email protected]

#28 Guest_Raven_*

Guest_Raven_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2002 - 08:40 PM

Try t_bootlogo, a freeware program that loads boot screens for Win2000 and XP.
http://www.tofahrn.d...t_bootlogo.html
All you need is a 16 color 640x480 bitmap and t_bootlogo does the rest for you.

#29 Guest_Raven_*

Guest_Raven_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2002 - 09:13 PM

I goofed. You can get BootLogo from the "Tools" link at this URL . See a description in English of the program here: http://www.tofahrn.de/wger/t_bootlogo.html.

#30 Guest_Ashwin_*

Guest_Ashwin_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2002 - 05:02 PM

use BootXP.....www.bootxp.net

#31 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2002 - 11:03 PM

Can someone get my the BootXP prog?

#32 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2002 - 09:16 PM

Are you using any symantec products such as pcanywhere? If so you should try to uninstall it and reinstall only the client......I have noticed that pcAnywhere cause a conflict wiht certian system files. Try that and see if it works for ya.

#33 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2002 - 09:01 AM

Djeezus.. Man get a hold of yourself.. First learn not to type so damn elite.. And get some parental guidance on this one.. Cant believe that there are people out there actualy try to help you. Cause its ALL on themexp.org, just RTFM like its already stated out three times..

#34 Guest_munchichee_*

Guest_munchichee_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2002 - 11:08 PM

OK LISTEN....I FOUND THE BEST, EASIEST, AND SO FAR ONLY WAY TO CHANGE BOOT AND LOGO SCREENS IN XP. AFTER A LONG TIME I FOUND A PROGRAM THAT DOES EVERYTHING FOR YOU!!!! EVEN RANDOMLY SWITCHES THE SCREENS AT YOUR DISCRETION.............HERE YA GO!! http://members.roger...trandomizer.zip

i didnt have too much luck with Boot Editor, but LOGON UI BOOT RANDOMIZER eliminates ALL BULL[censored] with changing ntoskrnl files and etc. TWEAK AWAY!!!!

#35 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2002 - 01:41 PM

You can get bootXP.. That will let you change the Boot Screens in WIndows XP and 2000. I use it all the time =) and I LOVE it =)

#36 Guest_Zak_*

Guest_Zak_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2002 - 06:46 AM

i hav xop boot screen u need to backup the file wintoskrnl.exe and then use the boots in packages overitin

the site explains it all
www.themexp.org

#37 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2002 - 07:31 AM

Here is my boot.in file:

[boot loader]
timeout=5
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

Are you saying that if I change it to:

[boot loader]
timeout=5
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /kernel=mykrnl.exe

then it will boot with that file loading, which will be my startup screen?

#38 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2002 - 09:51 AM

I can help you with that one. There's a lil pgm out there called "Boot Magic"/"Partition Magic 7.0" that'll accomplished your desired goals. This is the easiest way, trust me. On my machine I have Xp Corp Pro as the default ,ME,2000 PRO. 98 SE,& Linux. At the boot screen it gives you the option of which OS you would like to run with a 20 sec. timer before it boots into your default OS.

holla --- if you need more help [email protected]

#39 Guest_XPFriend_*

Guest_XPFriend_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2002 - 12:56 AM

Ok listen here is what u need to do its all this simple
1: find your file named "ntoskrnl.exe" in C:WINDOWSsystem32
2: back it up
3: get your new boot screen and name it "ntoskrnl.exe"
4: put it in C:WINDOWSsystem32
5: replace say yes
6: reboot

#40 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2002 - 10:29 AM

If your looking to change your boot screen Try this site it has a software that will change you bootscreen its at www.bootxp.net/download.htm. I used it and it works.