Hi my first post.
My system specs are:
CPU: AMD sempron 2800+ socket 754 / core speed 1759 / FSB 220 / HTT 220 / multipler x8
mobo: ASUS K8V- MX chipset via - voltage 1.4
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc 0204: 10/14/2005
Graphics Interface: Transfer rate x8 (on board)
Memory DDR 220 PC3200 200Mhz
HDD: 40G Maxtot (master) - 80G WDC (slave)
Sound: Soundblast audigy with 5.1 speakers
PVR: Leadtec DTV 1000
As you can see I have managed to oc the FSB by 10%. This was through bios setup advanced. Any more increases are losing the screen graphics (it is stated the transfer rate is max x8)
My questions are
1. It has been is this as far as I can go?
2. Can I can the multipler of the chip, if so how?
3. It has been suggested that I should drop the HTT speed currently bios has it set to 800( max) ?
4. It has been suggest to adjust the graphic card, if so how?
5. Do i need to change my Vcore?
I am really try to reach 2.0Ghz as to improve MPEG playback and video capature for home movies editing. I am being realistic, or just by a new CPU (I know I need to set up the RAM)
All help and comment appreciated
Overclok Sempron 2800+
No replies to this topic