2 replies to this topic

#1 Josetann

Josetann

admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,197 posts

Posted 29 April 2000 - 10:37 PM

What do you guys want to see on the site next? Right now it's either gonna be a new piece of hardware, or I'm gonna get a digital camera and post some how-to's. For example, I'd post step-by-step pics of assembling your own computer, complete with pics.

Oh, and I'd have to post some pics of my assistant Vous. She saw the pics of Dalantech's lab assistant, and she insisted she be on my site too (she's a cat, by the way). Besides, she's in my computer almost as much as I am!

#2 Dexter

Dexter

Boy Genius

• Forum Mods
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 April 2000 - 10:44 AM

I like the idea of building your own computer. Maybe do a weekly update type thing. That way it takes a while and brings people back often to check for updates. But do more than just showing how to plug it all in. Show how to install an OS onto a new drive several ways(bootable cd, creating a boot disk from scratch, etc) yada... yada... yada...

"Please, Please do not push the button, You have no idea what it <boom> ...does"
Dexter, Advanced-Basic.Com
[root:/usr/src]$make buildworld
make: Please wait 6-8 weeks for your world to be built and shipped to you. Thank you for your order!

#3 Josetann

Josetann

admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,197 posts

Posted 30 April 2000 - 10:51 AM

Yeah, I'd definitely do a several-page review. Don't think I'd go into installing multiple OS's though, I think I'd just concentrate on installing a version of Windows for now. Perhaps a few bios settings too, nothing too fancy to get started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users