• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2002 - 06:36 AM

how i can do that?
build XP bootable CD multi-os (win98 & winME)+ office XP on same CD

please any budy advice me how to do that..

thanks

#2 Guest_VDO_*

Guest_VDO_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2002 - 05:58 PM

its great if could be happen..
how can do that??

#3 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2002 - 09:34 PM

http://www.thetechgu.../setuppini.html

#4 The_Flames

The_Flames

enthusiast

• Forum Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 March 2002 - 11:05 AM

The page that was referanced is just information on how the XP setupp.ini file works, what you need to do is copy the relevent setup folders into a HDD directory, create a win98 boot floppy ( as this is the most flexable OS) and edit autoexec.bat and config.sys into a format that you can choose whick OS you want to install.

This will require you to know how batch files work!!!!

I'm going to make a cd up like this in a bit, so I have looked into the situalton , and it's possable, just takes a bit of work!

#5 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2002 - 04:42 PM

The_Flames, can you let us know you what you did please?
i mean can you post how you did it?

thanks and good luck

#6 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2002 - 05:12 PM

how to do that?
any one done that? and have it work?

#7 The_Flames

The_Flames

enthusiast

• Forum Mods
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 31 March 2002 - 05:42 PM

I've haddent had chance to try and make a 3 in 1 9x cd yet, I'll let everyone know how to do it if I suceed in making one :)

#8 Guest_oder_*

Guest_oder_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2002 - 06:02 PM

I have tried to make a moultiboot cd rom.I have managed to do it with disc emu and 2 image files(for win98 and me) and one extracted image(for either win xp or win2000)..Finaly I thought about creating a boot disk for win 98 that has the option run setup from cd rom...I made a winme setup disk ant then edited autoexec.bat in the function AUTOSETUP and changed the cd /WIN9X with cd /WIN98 because in this folder the windows were in the cd rom...It said winme setup files were not found...then I put win 98 in a folder named win9x and the setup started....when I use 3 os in one cd I can only put one of them in a folder named win9x.so this is not a solution..What am I doing wrong and cannot change the folder that autoexec is searching for the setup file???

The idea when I manage to do this is to create a new autoecex.bat and config.sys which wil go to each folder win98,winme,winxp and run the apropriate program for the setup...in the first 2 it neeeds to run setup.exe while for winxp or win2000 we have to go to i36folder and run winnt.exe....If that works we have a boot disk for the 3 os setup and all we have to do is burn it to a cd with nero,cdrwin or ecdc...

Any help is greatly appreciated

#9 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2002 - 07:07 PM

is there any clue how to do that?

#10 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2002 - 12:41 AM

NE1 got idea how to do win9x multiboot cd yet???

#11 Guest_nymphaealotus_*

Guest_nymphaealotus_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2002 - 01:52 AM

hey guys, don't worry. the solution is simple.

get a bootable winme cd.

use the boot extractor from the bart's site (www.nu2.nu) called bbie. rename the file created image1.bin to WME.IMG
extract the AUTOEXEC.BAT and edit the path FINDCD.EXE uses searching the file. the FINDCD.EXE searches the available cdrom's for the specified file and returns the drive letter containing it and stotes it in the cdrom variable. u can also use the FINDCD.COM from the bart's site, but the code for search and assinging of the cdrom driver letter should be changed to the one shown on the bart's site example. also change the path which the CD command uses to switch to the installation directory.
save the modified AUTOEXEC.BAT to the wme.img and then rename the extension back to .BIN/.DAT and call it from the DISKEMU.CMD file.

if the mentioned stuff is to complex for your, reply back and i'll email u the modified file.
bye.

#12 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2002 - 08:17 AM

Please help me! Email: nhdlzEmail Removed

T.i.A

#13 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2002 - 09:42 PM

Easy. Just burn the I386 cabs onto a CD, and then use something like EZCD Creator to make it bootable with a DOS floppy. I have 2 utility CD's I made that do just that. They contain unattended installs for 98SE, NT4 SP6, 2K Pro SP2, and Windows XP Pro (not to mention many more utilities that I use frequently).

Simply run WINNT.EXE from within DOS, and you're all set. Make your own ANSWER file, and you can walk away ( winnt.exe /u:d:answerfile.txt) while it installs.

Its nice that MS still allows you to begin these installs from within DOS.

-Joshua

#14 Twinkie

Twinkie

• Forum Mods
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 July 2002 - 02:15 PM

It's no prob to fit XP, ME and 98 on a multiboot CD. However getting officeXP to fit is another matter. Click on my name at the bottom of this post to visit my site.

Step1. Build the XP image just like my site lists.
Step2. Go to the ME/9X page and follow the same instructions.
Step3. Go to the unattend section if you want and automate the whole thing.
Step4. Edit diskemu.cmd, run cdimage and burn.

Yeah, yeah over simplified but that is all you need.

I have an XP, 98 and 95 CD that I already made. Was not able to include much else though on that CD. Some updates I think using RestoreCD.
Hope this Helps,
Twinkie

#15 Guest_MidimanPC_*

Guest_MidimanPC_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2002 - 06:00 AM

you know what....? you can build All-In-One Operating systems in to one disc (but required DVD-r) Now you have to make all bootable CD for all operating systems like (95-98-98SE-ME-NT-2000-XP home-XP Pro)

.....After you got 8 CDs....copy each CD into your hard disk first and Create Sub-folder for each of them then copy them into there own folder.
Use CD Menu-Creator 2002 Make your CD name it whatever you want.....target to link for each one have to link to SETUP.exe and make menu....(remember donot move your your sub-folder of 8 Windows to difference Drive.....just leave them where they were and open ECDC 5.1 platinum (this support for DVD-R) then ofcourse want to burn DVD-data.....copy 8 (windows) and the Menu contents all file into ECDC5.1 then burn them (whatever name of the you like) for example : 8inOne-WIN after burn sucessful close everthing and eject your DVD-R....put it back into your DVD-ROM and try to click on the button that your created from the MENU....and now you should have a perfect multi-Operating Systems 8inONE...
Remember: "this is very hard and very techinical, try it from your DVD-RW first and following each step, you can't miss even a little step otherwise you have to start everything over and wasting your time"

GoodLuck Guys!!!

#16 Guest_LMACUGA_*

Guest_LMACUGA_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2002 - 05:12 PM

DO I PUT THE I386 CAB FILES INTO A FOLDER NAMED FOR THE SPECIFIC OS OR PUT ALL I386 FILES IN SAME FOLDER FROM ALL THE OS'S I WANT ON CD

#17 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2002 - 11:17 AM

may if anybody built this CD already post how do it here on this board ?
so it will be helpful for a lot of people who need that...

#18 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2002 - 05:12 AM

I finally got my CD .iso up and running and when I hit option 2 (which is 98SE install) I get

TOO MANY PARAMETERS
BAD COMMAND OR FILE

Any thoughts as to what I did wrong?
PS I used these instructions :http://www.tech-hints.com/

Damn worked so hard ,,,, I fell real close......

#19 Guest_Ozz_*

Guest_Ozz_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2002 - 12:27 PM

I too followed the guide on tech-hints, but my .iso is too big! For 98SE and ME I only have the install directories, but for XP I have the entire CD. I tried removing everything but the I386 folder, but it's still too big. I've now deleted WIN9XMIG and COMPDATA, and it's still slightly too big. Can I delete any of the files in LANG? I want the computer to have UK English and Swedish languages...

Thanks!
Ozz

#20 Guest_Space Between_*

Guest_Space Between_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2002 - 11:12 PM

good luck..i tried that before.

i can get all the 2k's, me, 98se but can't get xp with anything more than 98se or me..not both

there is alot of things in the xp i386 dir you usually don't install by default..but good luck finding them out