- - - - -

Bootable XP CD with win98se and winMe

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2002 - 10:33 PM

is there any way to make a Windows 2000 SP3 & Windows XP SP1 Multiboot cd?

#42 Guest_MiC P._*

Guest_MiC P._*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2002 - 10:34 PM

is there anyway to make a multiboot windows 2k sp3 & windows xp sp1 cd?

#43 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2002 - 05:59 AM

when i made one like a backup data i drag the whole CD of the orignial xp folders straight into the Data i burn it and it work when i click on setup on my new backup cd-r winxp but then when it got to the reboot part it say Please Enter your Windows Xp CD-ROM With Volume Label Windows XP Home Edtion CD-ROM

wassup wid that? did i make a wrong volume label?

#44 Guest_cue_*

Guest_cue_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2002 - 12:31 PM

how did u make answer files for 98se and win2k?

#45 Guest_jimcat69_*

Guest_jimcat69_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2002 - 04:08 AM

i made a bootable cd that would install 3.1 95osr2 98se and me....i made a win 98 floppy boot disk and modified the autoexecbat and configsys to run a debug script and install that various o.s's for example..in my config.sys when u chose install win 98 it would run the command %cdrom%w98sesetup.exe /ie /is......and that would start the 98 install...but the I386 folder on the xp cd is too big to add all those o.s's ...its a logistics issue..unless u are gonna burn to a dvd disk that will hold more trhan a gig

#46 Guest_Space Between_*

Guest_Space Between_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2002 - 11:06 PM

Even then your better off, if you use a pretty popular version of XP Pro Corp. not to do it at all...but to upgrade to sp1 after install..it can get sticky if you don't

#47 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2002 - 07:26 PM

I only have a doubt, all of this instructions are for fill just one CD or, I got to burn many CD's?

#48 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2002 - 10:36 AM

how can i do that ??

#49 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2002 - 07:41 AM

I want to create a CD with Win98 and XPpro on it. I want it to be bootable to dos. The version of dos has to be able to run the win98 setup. I haven't got a floppy drive. Does anyone know where i can download an image file from?

#50 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2002 - 06:31 AM

Please Can Any one tell me how to create a Multi OS Boot CD without much trouble??????????.

#51 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2002 - 12:40 AM

Why don't you try :
http://911cd.tripod.com

#52 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2002 - 03:04 PM

Why don't you try :

http://www.nu2.nu/

#53 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2002 - 03:06 PM

http://www.nu2.nu/

#54 Guest_Radeon_*

Guest_Radeon_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2002 - 04:45 AM

You should have a floppy drive.
Is your pc a lappy with a swappable cd and floppy drive?

you can download tons of floppy disk boot images that you can put on CD from:

www.bootdisk.com

#55 Guest_aspenjim_*

Guest_aspenjim_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2002 - 06:31 PM

I'm also trying this multiboot project with just win9x right now. I get an error of.... ' label "w98"or "w95" or "wme" not found' depending on my menu selection. I used the instructions from tech-hints.com. I don't know where the problem is. Any ideas?

TIA

Jim

#56 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2002 - 02:56 PM

try this, is so easy, i have win95, win98, win98se, win2k all in one CD, and about 120 mb free space on disc, wish i had another OS to include it:
http://bootcd.narod.ru/

#57 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2002 - 11:17 AM

If you want to Build Xp Pro+Xp Home or NT based systems on 1 CD, you must look for each operation systems full package CD, search for I386 folders and add WIN51 WIN51IC WIN51IP (or like these small files which is not in any folders) Also if you want to make a Corporate Edition of XP (without activation timer) you Also have the cd called "DevilsOwn" which has all the 8 Corporate files (dpcdll,setupreg.hiv,oembios.da,oembios.ca,oembios.bi,oembios.si,pidgen.dll,setu
pp.ini) Make a Root folder under your Hard Drive. Make the folders for each OS(make a simple and short names for each). Put the right I386 folders from original CDs (and the small files) to each of the folders you make. Also for each OS you have to make another folder which must be 4characters long (because I386=4 characters) Find the minimal devices for each OS. (you can search microsofts site for this-first you make the 6floppies and then copy the folders to your 4characters long folders) Copy the setupldr.bin and txtsetup.sif from each OS's original I386 folder. With using a hexeditor look into the setupldr.bin. Search for I386 (4 times) Change only these I386 with your folder names (4charcters only!) Don't make other changes, save the setupldr.bin's. Also open each txtsetup.sif. Search for SetupSourcePath and change "/" to "/yourOSfoldernamehere/" This OS folder has the original untouched I386. Also add setupreg.hiv to the 4characters long folders. Then put diskem1x.bin loader.bin and extra boot files needed. Change the DAT files. w2ksect.DAT (or like these names) Change the last XXXX (after setupldrbin.bootfix.binXXXX) to your folders. (You can find these boot files form searching the net for Bart's way.) If you have still trouble try this page: http://members.roger...hauyeung/kh.htm

#58 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2003 - 12:00 AM

hey man, how i can contact you, i need you help!!!

pls, email me: [email protected]

#59 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2003 - 02:07 PM

How do you make nt4sp6 install cd from NT4 CD and SP6a file from Microsoft? In otherwords, I have NT install CD which does not have any service pack and I'll have to apply SP6a after completing the install. How do I make NT4 install CD in such a way that I do not need to apply SP6a? It'll make the NT install with SP6a in one shot.

Thanks.

#60 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2003 - 10:49 PM

Any windows 98 startup disk alone is enough to use to program or repair any Windows above 95, including XP. I've tried using the others, but 98 is the ultimate!