86 replies to this topic

#81 SpaceSquad

SpaceSquad

Enthusiast

• News Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:44 PM

No it is posible with this card MX440 with 64 vram  but with creating virtual memory and taking the memory from tba RAM memory so i have 768 DDR ram memory .and i would like totake 128 mb from the ram memory to use as VRAM memory
i have a book for this  but there is nothing about how to do that ???!!! :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have never heard of using system RAM for seperate video card (AGP, PCI, PCI-X)...this will onlyu work on machines with integrated graphics, or laptops (integrated graphics). In those latter cases, you can enter your BIOS and change the amount of system RAM is allocated to video. If you game...turn it up to 64-128mb (depending on how much system RAM you have), if not, then turn it down to 32-64mb.

#82 dare_devil

dare_devil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:05 PM

but there is something in my graphic card MX440 64bit that i cant play Prince of Persia Sands of time at the start of the game there is a console and it tell s me that
Your videocard does not support some required features (MIN_SIMULTANEOUS_TEX_4 ).
Your videocard pixel shader version 0000 is below the minimum requirements.
Your videocard vertex shader version 0000 is below the minimum requirements.

#83 SpaceSquad

SpaceSquad

Enthusiast

• News Poster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:53 PM

You need a better card. Overclocking will not make the hardware better...it will only make games run a BIT faster...no huge jumps...

You can't just Overclock to a better shader.

What is your budget? Are you in the US?

I may be able to recommend a good card for you.

#84 dare_devil

dare_devil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:56 AM

no man sorry i disapoind you i am poor. I am from Macedonia. But the fact is that this card can work on MX440 because my neighbour has MX420 and he gave me Prince of Persia he has Nvidia MX420 with 64MB VRAM and mine is Nvidia MX440 with 64VRAM thats the problem and he is lauging to me because i cant play Prince of Persia Sands Of Time. Hey man i am playing DOOM3 and i cant Play Prince of Persia (2) Sands Of time ??????????????????? Confusing .. is there a driver for this game or something like that . :blink:

#85 dare_devil

dare_devil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:37 AM

But the fact is that this card can work on MX440
But the fact is that this game can work on MX440
////\\\\
////III\\\\
III
III
CORECTION

#86 Guest_Anon_*

Guest_Anon_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:32 AM

:D I managed to overclock mine to 350/510 (the defaults being 270/405) without any problems. These were the "safe" settings suggested by RivaTuner.

#87 Guest_nefarius_*

Guest_nefarius_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2005 - 02:30 AM

I can go to 400/425, without any problems. I have the Abit mx440. I had an old fan from a Pentium133 CPU, it is about the same size as the heatsink on my card, which i attached, it makes no difference to the ram speed as it's only cooling the core, but it's doing something because the best core speed i could go to without the fan was 300. So even basic cooling methods help quite a bit. By the way, for people who say this card is crap, who cares, getting the most out of what you have was original concept of this thread... peasant power.