Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2003 - 12:20 PM

nsoEmail Removed

#43 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2003 - 06:15 PM

Actually telling it to download and install later has an additional flaw.... you can only download it for the OS your currently using.

Most of us will have a desktop with say WINXP and we are wanting to download this to install on a win2k server without tying the server up. We then burn it to CD and carry it to the server after 5pm when the users will not lynch us for rebooting the server. This allows us to complete the install in just a couple mins instead of the normal time consuming download/install that microsoft wishes us to use. Since this is of course all happening after hours (5pm) and forcing the techs to work overtime the really want it over with ASAP ;-)

The command line trigger is the best way I have found... but every time I go looking for the command line switches I find it in a different spot on the web ;-)

Thanks for posting this here,
Chris

#44 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2003 - 01:46 AM

Hi,

I have seen these kind of sites before. ...http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/microsoft/ie/6.0/...
Last time I got a virus called "Trojan.Root"; 8192 bytes long and infects program files...
Funny thing is, after I resolved it -partially(!)- and restarted, it wasn't in my virus defenition list anymore ... ??!!!

Regards, P.B.

#45 Jazkal2

Jazkal2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 06:53 PM

Actually telling it to download and install later has an additional flaw.... you can only download it for the OS your currently using.

Actually, you can download any and/or all versions.

Win98
WinME
WinNT
Win2K
WinXP

The page [Here] will tell you how to do it.

Hope this helps,
- Jazkal