- - - - -

Win2k booting problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2001 - 01:55 AM

I have this little problem with Windows 2000. I have been using it since a few weeks after it came out. It's been totally rock solid. I applied SP1 when that was available, and that was rock solid as well. Recently I decided to reinstall it, because I was rearranging all my partitions. I made a slipstream copy of Windows 2000 with SP1 and used that to reinstall. Everything went great. However, every single time I do a cold boot, it gets to the default blue background, right before the login screen, and it just sits there... no mouse or anything. If I hit the reset button, it will boot fine. This happens about 90% of the time. It will only complete the boot if it is a warm boot, and I have to wait until right before the login screen to reset it... If I do it before (like when the big white and black win2k loading screen comes up) it will not complete the boot. This is driving me insane. It was doing it with the default drivers, and I installed all of the latest drivers for everything and it still does it. I am thinking about reinstalling again, but I wanted to see if you guys had any ideas first. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users