- - - - -

Add or Remove Windows 2000 Components w/ Sysocmgr.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Tom_*

Guest_Tom_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2001 - 07:00 PM

Can anyone help me figure out the command to use 'Sysocmgr' to uninstall/reinstall paint? The usoft link is below.

How to Add or Remove Windows 2000 Components with Sysocmgr.exe (Article ID: Q222444)

http://support.micro...RCH&SPR=WIN2000

#2 Josetann

Josetann

admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,197 posts

Posted 16 February 2001 - 09:55 PM

Ok, article looks like it's all you need. Create the answer file it talks about and run the program. Run it once with Paint set to off, and once again with it set to on. That should uninstall then reinstall it.

Alternatively, you should be able to just extract the mspaint.exe program yourself. First, delete the c:winntsystem32dllcachemspaint.exe program. Extract a good copy to c:winntsystem32; then back to c:winntsystem32dllcache. That should work for you.

Usual disclaimers...I haven't used the first procedure at all, but I have used the second one. If your PC blows up...don't look at me. Blame someone else (OpenFriday is a good guy to blame, it's usually his fault anyways).

#3 Guest_Tom_*

Guest_Tom_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2001 - 10:36 PM

I guess I don't understand what to put in the 'Answer file'? I'm confused.
c:>sysocmgr /i: paint_oc_infinfsysoc.inf /u:c:ocm.txt Doesn't work..............

The second option also does not work as the Windows File Protection feature puts the original file back!

Thanks!