"Real" windows boot CD

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#141 Guest_Eli_*

Guest_Eli_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2003 - 01:34 PM

Maybe someone can help me.
I jsu t got an old tablet pc, with no CD or Floppy.
Ofcourse no OS on the hard disk. It does have a USB slot, PCMCIA slot and parrellel/serial port. The bios is old, 1999 and I dont think it supports USB BOOT.
Can anyone one tell me how I boot the system so I can format the HD and install an OS on it??
Thanks in advance
Eli

#142 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2003 - 09:44 AM

Windows PE

#143 Guest_Scollinguk_*

Guest_Scollinguk_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2003 - 08:23 AM

Has anyone thought of using a dvd-rw/+rw for running a windows system off, i say this as dvds can have a normal file system on eg fat32 becuase they can be run as a writable media, this is used in linux alot to write to dvd-rw/+rw, athough i am saying this as hear-say, i resently read it while trying to install my dvd drive, this could be an amazing use for dvds, as most os never use as much as 4.7gb and means it would not use a ram drive, effecively you could use a dvd as a hard drive, for this i will try and find where i got this information from and post it here aswell

#144 Guest_eminem_rh25_*

Guest_eminem_rh25_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2004 - 10:39 AM

if you get Bart's PE Builder you can build a WinPE enviorment from a 2k/xp/2k3 CD. it is awesome. I ues it cause you can intergrate Ghost 8, Mozzila, McAfee VirusScan. It works TOO! the URL is BARTS PE BUILDER IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!

#145 Guest_Guest_mark_*

Guest_Guest_mark_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2004 - 04:45 PM

Try Bart's PE at

http://nu2.nu

for a self-booting (not install) CD with XP\2003. Great troubleshooting tool.

#146 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2004 - 11:34 PM

www.bookdisk.com

#147 sybesma

sybesma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 09:30 AM

Semios,

I cannot find 98LITE22.ZIP anywhere on the internet.

The site is gone and the link doesn't work anymore

( http://www.tweakpc.c...es/98lite22.zip )

Even web.archive.org lets you get to the site, but the file isn't there.

Hope you can e-mail it to me: steve AT prolynx DOT com

Thanks,

Steve

#148 Guest_Roberto Di Carlos_*

Guest_Roberto Di Carlos_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2005 - 09:48 AM

I tried to make one myself. Get the error "not enough free memory" after loading the suggested drivers from config.sys and autoexec.bat. Changed all drivers in config.sys to "devicehigh", still the same problem. Running mem.exe shows 604 kb free memory. I believe it should be enough to start windows.
What can be the problem? To much memory (1,5 Gb)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed.. 1,5 is too much for DOS. 512 should not be a problem.

If you try to make a boot disk (CD)(FLOPPY) look at http://www.nu2.nu/modboot on this site you can find out to make a boot disk.

Even if you want to use firewire. USB or any other devices not compatible with DOS.

Greetz Roberto Di Carlos

#149 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:14 PM

If his windoze cd isnt working you other people could he might wanna think about having him copy the cd f win98 and make it for him and send it back. Shipping might be a pain but as far as I can see it should be working as is.
Maybe shipping could be used like putting it on a regular cd.
Save a buck or 3