2 replies to this topic

#1 Dexter

Dexter

Boy Genius

• Forum Mods
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 April 2000 - 02:19 PM

I was just thinking that until you figure out a perminent chat system why not just use one of those java IRC clients? I know they're not that great and all but it would give you a chat system(plus IRC doesn't need a password!)...

"Please, Please do not push the button, You have no idea what it <boom> ...does"
Dexter, Advanced-Basic.Com
[root:/usr/src]$make buildworld
make: Please wait 6-8 weeks for your world to be built and shipped to you. Thank you for your order!

#2 Josetann

Josetann

admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,197 posts

Posted 30 April 2000 - 02:23 PM

I think I may have one that works. It uses java clients, but you can also telnet in to the server at a specific port and login also. It can also use MySQL to authorize users, so once you're registered at the forum, you don't need to register again (will also help keep people from spoofing other members).

The chat works great, but it doesn't want to run when mysql support is compiled in. So I'm currently compiling glibc 2 with linuxthreads and crypt add-ons, maybe that'll do the trick (let's hope so).

#3 Dexter

Dexter

Boy Genius

• Forum Mods
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 April 2000 - 03:08 PM

coo...I have no idea what you just said but, coo...

"Please, Please do not push the button, You have no idea what it <boom> ...does"
Dexter, Advanced-Basic.Com
[root:/usr/src]$make buildworld
make: Please wait 6-8 weeks for your world to be built and shipped to you. Thank you for your order!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users