- - - - -

Xp MultiBoot CD -Twinkie I need your help!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2002 - 09:30 AM

Thanks for the info, now I use BlueCon Pro 4. Can you post the detail how to run it from different folder other than i386 ? I want to include it in my multi boot cd (contain XP, 98SE, etc).

#42 Guest_Perra_*

Guest_Perra_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2002 - 09:24 PM

Does anyone know if there exist another application than cdimage.exe (my M$) that encodes duplicate files only once (-o)?
Thx

#43 Guest_CFLam_*

Guest_CFLam_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2002 - 11:42 PM

Hello SpudGunMan, I am working on similar things.... (see my message http://www.thetechgu...&sb=5&o=&fpart= ) at first I use Bart's Multiple boot images (isolinux/memdisk) to create the CD, but seems that Bootscriptor is more suitable.. have you try include RedHat Linux into the CD ?

#44 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:53 AM

Hi Everyone. Using all the info in this post and Twinkie's website, I managed to create a dual boot Win2K & XP cd.
Only problem is I get the following error when I test it using Virtual Pc:
Running WPROSECT.DAT
No-Emulation type image (raw)
Press any key to boot from CD...

After that it seems to work fine although I haven't tried to completely install either of the OS's. Any Ideas on hw to get rid of the "No-Emulat...." error. Thanks.

#45 Guest_Balder_*

Guest_Balder_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2002 - 12:04 PM

That's not an error, so all is good! :-)

#46 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2002 - 02:59 PM

hie...can u tell me how did u manged to make cd with XP and W2k both...actually i made a multiBoot W2K pro, Server & advSrvr cd...which is working fine....total of 480MB iso file........wud u tell me how to integrate windowds XP pro nad home in that same thing............
thankyou...:)

u can mail me at [email protected]

#47 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2002 - 01:23 AM

Twinkie,

I need help. I need to know how to set CDIMAGE to use a image of the Windows 98 Floppy to boot a 3in1 which includes XP Professional, XP Home and 98 SE. I have the XP's at SP1. I know how to use the xpboot.bin to create a bootable CD of XP and 2000, but I need o know this type of method.

Regards
The Man

#48 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2002 - 05:25 PM

What does BlueCon do? I bought the full version, but I don't know what it does. HELP!!!

#49 Guest_Risolutore_*

Guest_Risolutore_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2003 - 07:36 AM

Take alook at http://kickme.to/risolutore and follow the risolutore link.

Here is an example of mastering the multibooting madness.
please send me material concerning the action you want your Boot Cd toi perform

#50 Twinkie

Twinkie

• Forum Mods
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 12:31 PM

To 'Da Man'
Use Barts multiboot menu and call an 98.IMA file instead of a XP.DAT file for the boot setup. Use WinImage to create the IMA file. The info for the process is at my site on the ME/9X page. Click my name below to head over there.
Hope this Helps,
Twinkie

#51 Guest_How i solved the problem..._*

Guest_How i solved the problem..._*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2003 - 06:52 PM

after the warning came up, I said ok, let the computer reboot by itself, in the second run (by itself, the computer) it finished the instalation.

I know some of us get desperate in the first run, I am installing in another computer, so for me it was ok, since while i was surfing for the answer i was able to wait for the computer to finish the process.

so, ket it run and wait, maybe you can get it to work without having to burn another cd

#52 Guest_x-man_*

Guest_x-man_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2003 - 06:17 AM

If you are installing XP on top of an operating system that has loaded either easy cd creator or winoncd, you will not be able to use the xp install cd without errors.

There is a driver file in the windows\system32 dir that is accessed to enable the cd drives from the existing os as xp installs. easy cd creator or winoncd update this file with their own version, but it is not comaptible with xp.

When xp gets to the point of loading files from the cd it uses this driver to run the cd drive and then everything comes to a grinding halt.

I bit the bullet and wiped my c drive and started afresh.

next time I will try the above method. :D