6 replies to this topic

#1 JB Lee

JB Lee

Obviously a Bot

• Elite Anti-Scammers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 12:49 PM

For the most part I agree with the word filters, but when it comes to filtering out Email Removed and yahoo emails, I think you should reconsider this.

I understand why it was put into place, but I really think that it causes more problems than it solves. All it does is force people to say "soandsoemail removed", then make a double post with a correction of "[email protected]" or "soandso (at) h0tm4il (dot) com"...which causes mistakes when adding someone to msn, eventually ending up with a member angrily flaming another member for not accepting their add...

I don't think it really solves anything other than making things confusing and forcing people to find new and more confusing ways to bypass it.

Just my two cents.

#2 Small Shoe Magoo

Small Shoe Magoo

2X less awesome than Allanon

• Elite Anti-Scammers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 04:38 PM

Yeah.. a while back I remember registering with my yahoo email.. Or at least I think I did. Much more convenient for those who don't want to make another email for just registering.

There's my 'three' cents...

#3 JB Lee

JB Lee

Obviously a Bot

• Elite Anti-Scammers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:48 PM

You are allowed to register with yahoo, just not Email Removed...but I agree completely with that...keeps away more of the scammers...

I am referring to the word filter that changes Email Removed and yahoo to "email removed".

#4 r1ch dude12

r1ch dude12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:25 PM

yea i agree

#5 Stop Reading My Name

Stop Reading My Name

Forum Addict

• Elite Anti-Scammers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:09 PM

Yea.. It's from when everyone was telling everyone else to give their passwords so they could hack someone else's account for them or give them free items.. It helped then but now that there's less stupid people that do that it causes more harm than help.. even though it's pretty easy to get an e=mail that's not Email Removed
Before reading any of my posts, please read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Posted Image

In honor of RevoFM :(
Admin of RuneCore

if you want to talk to me, don't PM me, add me on msn:
[email protected]

#6 Power-I

Power-I

Forum Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:25 PM

I think it should be changed, a majority of the people on the forums use "Email Removed's" <- H0tm4il lol

#7 Amethyst / Sa5uke

Amethyst / Sa5uke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:15 AM

I think it should be changed, a majority of the people on the forums use "Email Removed's" <- H0tm4il lol

delete the filter josetann. its bloody annoying and i dont see much point in it as everyone post's their msn's anyway.
scammer