- - - - -

BOOTFIX.BIN

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Paul365_*

Guest_Paul365_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2002 - 11:17 PM

Hi, I am following the guide for a Multiboot XP disk over at Twinkie's How-to Web Site and i have a question.

During the proccess i forgot to copy Bootfix.bin over to one of floppy disk folders, The install still worked ok and the only difference i could see was during bootup from cd and after making my choice i didnt get the extra stage of "hit any key to boot from cd".

So my question is, does this file do anything else appart from add the "any key" stage? and can i leave it out of all the options as i dont really need that extra stage as its allready booted from the cd.

Thanks for any help.

Paul

#2 Guest_Paul365_*

Guest_Paul365_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2002 - 12:13 AM

Cmon People, Someone must know what this file does....

Please

#3 Josetann

Josetann

admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,197 posts

Posted 30 October 2002 - 12:19 AM

From what I can remember, yes that's the only thing that file was for. It wouldn't hurt to put it back in, else everytime you boot the PC with the CD in (if it's set to boot from CD first) it'll start the WinXP install. With the file there, it sees if there is an OS already on the drive and if so, prompts you to press a key, if not then it goes straight to the install.

#4 Guest_Paul365_*

Guest_Paul365_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2002 - 01:39 AM

Thanks for the info.

Ive got bootscript handling the cd bootup and its set to exit to hard disk boot after 3 seconds unless i press a key so I don't think ill have that problem and as i said leaving it in means when i do select an install option i then have to press another key to continue the install.

If you think i am missing something please let me know.

And thanks again for your reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users