End User License Agreement

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Glenn_*

Guest_Glenn_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2001 - 07:17 AM

Hello,

I have an MSDN subscription at work. There is a cd with the Pro, Server & Adv Server on one cd, but I wanted to make a bootable Adv Server cd, so I ended up here at http://www.thetechguide.com/w2kbootcd/. Now everything went fine, the cd booted like it was supposed to, the installation started, but when it wanted to display the End User License Agreement (EULA), it said it couldn't find the EULA and all I could choose was F3 to quit.

Does someone know why it can't find the EULA, although it is in place (i386EULA.TXT) or how to avoid this?

Please help!

Best regards,

Glenn

#2 Guest_Godspeed_*

Guest_Godspeed_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2001 - 12:45 AM

I had this problem before too. When you edit the file to get rid of the product id key, it changes the files modification time & date. Those have to be set to the exact time & date that Microsoft set them at originally, and the file size has to be exactly the same. You can use a utility from www.downloads.com. Its called Unixdos.exe. Once you install it, use the utility called "Touch" to set the modified time & date to whatever the original was. Then burn the stuff back to the cd. If you have already tried to install the OS with the bad file, you need to format your drive again to get rid of it. If you don't, it will continue to use the bad file. I have done this many times, and this is the way I found it to work. Hope this helps.

Bobby