3 replies to this topic

#1 mindlogiczero

mindlogiczero

Forum Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:31 PM

ok my pc stats are 2.67ghz p4, 1gig 2700 ram, ati radeon x700, and i have 2 hp l1908w monitors, when i hooked up the dual screens earlyer i had 3 problems, 1. fire fox wouldn't opne on primary screen it only opened on other screen, 2. i had lag on videos that i played on my secondary monitor but it could had been hardware acceleration bot being on full, already unplugged monitor, and 3. while playing a game i got terrible pc performance and had tons of monitor probs, i even set it back to 1 monitor and still probs, only fix was to unplug 2nd monitor. so does this sound like a issue with my pc specs or is it some kind of setting that needs fixing?
Posted Image

#2 Small Shoe Magoo

Small Shoe Magoo

2X less awesome than Allanon

• Elite Anti-Scammers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:06 PM

First off, dual screen takes more out of your video card, obviously.

What resolution were yourunning your dual monitors on? That's most likely causing the performance issue.

#3 mindlogiczero

mindlogiczero

Forum Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:31 PM

1440 by 900 on each, it runs fine at that resolution withone monitor hooked up.doesnt matter anymore though just sold monitor for money to order new parts
Posted Image

#4 Movie Maker Master

Movie Maker Master

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:53 PM

The problem was most likley the resolution .. if your ever gonna try to duel screen again i suggest you check out online the suggested resolution for your specs and screen size (yes screen size dose come into effect in some cases) anyways. but good luck with the new parts
~Movie Making Software~
Windows Movie Maker
Sony Vegas Series

Got More? Pm me ! ill Add to list!

Want to contact me?
Aim - joshthetackle
Myspace - www.myspace.com/linemenownzqb