1 reply to this topic

#1 wisdom_of_trees

wisdom_of_trees

Journeyman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:05 PM

I have a HP Pavillion Media Center m8100e with RCA jacks in the front. At the moment I'm trying to upload video from my camcorder; however the computer doesn't seem to recognize the RCA connection. I suppose I could just break down and purchase a 4 pin firewire cable, however, I would like to get this to work as I have other electronics I would like to plug in via RCA input.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

#2 guestolo

guestolo

Site Donator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,247 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:09 AM

I assume your running Windows Vista
What program are you using to capture the video?

Did your install come with a copy of RoxioDVD?

I seen one user have good luck with the following

After endless conversations with HP technical support on the phone and online chat I have finally found out how to import video from an analog device using the composite input on the front of my PC which is the same model as the one from the first article. All you do is go into Roxio MyDVD, I think its version 9.0. Then you go to import. On the screen that pops up you click on the down arrow next to the label that says to select a device. You choose the tv card, then the screen should change, probably there will be a black screen and lettering in red that says no signal. Notice that there is a label called input above the black screen, click on the down arrow next to it and it will give you a list of inputs to choose from. If you connected your device in the composite input on the front of your PC then you choose composite-2; that worked for me so hopefully that will work for you guys.
Note: Don't play Roxio and Media Center at the same time, it caused the tv to play in the Roxio capture screen for me and Media Center could no longer recieve a tv signal, it was kinda wierd.

Is it an older camcorder?
If more of a recent DVrecording device
You will then want to use Firewire preferrably or USB
Microsoft recommends the following
http://windowshelp.m...4acac11033.mspx
Watch this small video
http://video.about.c...ndows-Vista.htm

Do you want to post your own logs from FRST?
Follow the instructions posted Click Here