• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 treasurechest

treasurechest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:01 AM

Hi, I just reformatted my PC to windows xp sp2. I had a problem with my pc last week and decided to reformat it. but before it was reformatted. I had to take off the 1gig memory stick. It used to be 2gig.

one more thing. I took off the battery in the motherboard and installed it 5 mins after. I thought resetting it would solve my problem before I reformatted the pc.

I need help :(

I searched some pages. and found something about this APCI thinngy? I suppose the problem is in my bios?

my computer now starts to slow the process, especially when i am running warcraft , it spikes a bit. and during shut down. the "it is now safe to turn off the computer" appears . It used to shutdown automatically.

#2 newbiz02

newbiz02

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:25 PM

sorry you have not given any helpful information.
what was your initial problem?
You upgraded to xp, from what?
why did you remove the ram?
Resveratrol Ultra Owns.
And now I'm
making sick gains in weightroom.

Play Some Adictive Mini Games Free

#3 keveenjones

keveenjones

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:19 PM

There is a some mistake you can do in installing operating system, there are some file has not been install perfectly in your computer system, so you can do format hard disk again perfectly.

#4 kristain

kristain

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

This issue may occur if one or more of the following conditions are true:
The basic input/output system (BIOS) does not detect the hard disk.
The hard disk is damaged.
Sector 0 of the physical hard disk drive has an incorrect or malformed master boot record (MBR).

Note Some third-party programs or disk corruption can damage an MBR.
An incompatible partition is marked as Active.
A partition that contains the MBR is no longer active.
Method 1: Verify the BIOS settings
Verify the computer's BIOS settings to make sure that BIOS lists and recognizes the hard disk. See the computer documentation or contact the hardware manufacturer for information about how to verify the BIOS settings.

After you verify that the computer's BIOS detects the hard disk, restart the computer, and then test to determine whether the issue is resolved. If the issue is not resolved, or if the computer's BIOS cannot detect the hard disk, you may have issues with your hardware. Contact the hardware manufacturer to inquire about how to resolve this issue. You may have to replace the hard disk.

Method 2: Use Recovery Console
Use the fixmbr command in the Windows XP Recovery Console to repair the MBR of the startup partition.