• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 shell-shocker

shell-shocker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:40 AM

Hi all before you all go through the same thing I'm going through let me explain whats happened. Sonic agreed with me £60 to train my Runescape account mining to 99 and wood cutting to 85. Ok, so we decided to do it recorded delivery so I could see where sonic's address is encase I need to take legal action (which I may do). So I posted the money on the 15th January 2009. The money arrived a day later with sonics confirmation that its arrived.
Posted Image

But it took me from morning all the way until the 10pm to find out if hes received it or not. It should be hes own responsibility to tell me, but what happened after that is a complete mystery for me. He said he'll talk to me in 30 minutes which would make it 11:15pm which I waited and he didnt come back on. Infact I was on until 00:00. So today he came on MSN but no response. So I thought fair enough he maybe busy or he may have forgotten. So I've emailed him details about my runescape account and rules he must follow while training like store all raw materials within the bank dont sell anything etc. But he still hasnt logged in, what I'm thinking about doing is sending him a letter or two if he doesnt respond or do anything by sunday. Hopefully I'll get a refund if he doesnt train my account by sunday because I've done my part now waiting for him to do hes part. In the extreme case he doesnt pay I'll one go to hes house or two I'll take legal action as this is pure theft if he doesnt do hes part. Any ideas whats going on or anything or any contact phone number I can call him on?

#2 eloyman

eloyman

Forum Addict

• Elite Anti-Scammers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:44 AM

Does he live within distance of you

Current Amount of MMs/Xfers: 111.75m
JB Lee Vouches For Me!
My only MSN is eloyman@runecore.net!

#3 shell-shocker

shell-shocker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:52 AM

Does he live within distance of you

Well I live in Birmingham and he lives in northampton. But I orignally wanted training from you eloyman. If your possible in getting me the refund I'll be happily in getting training from you. But the only problem is I cant use paypal at the moment. Hopefully once I've gotten the refund I'll be able to ... unless he trains the account. The distance between my house and hes house is: 61.3 miles – about 1 hour 11 mins. Im just hoping for the best... but I joined this forum hoping that there will be less scams and users with more posts will be more kosher.

#4 shell-shocker

shell-shocker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:22 AM

Well I live in Birmingham and he lives in northampton. But I orignally wanted training from you eloyman. If your possible in getting me the refund I'll be happily in getting training from you. But the only problem is I cant use paypal at the moment. Hopefully once I've gotten the refund I'll be able to ... unless he trains the account. The distance between my house and hes house is: 61.3 miles �" about 1 hour 11 mins. Im just hoping for the best... but I joined this forum hoping that there will be less scams and users with more posts will be more kosher.

Heres an example of some of the stress i get and what happens to me while trying to contact sonic... it would be better speaking to a wall because at least I would not it was there still.

Posted Image

#5 Kaosune

Kaosune

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:24 AM

dude
I'll be honest
the same thing happened to me with a guy known as Account Sales/Depressed Lover

and he turned out to scam the [censored] out of me
I'm not saying he's scammed you, because i have no proof, but be careful
:)
unless you're elite
I'M NOT GOING FIRST
I already got 14m scammed from a guy that had done some transactions around here <_<

mail: [email protected]

My Vouches
-Gilfer88-
-Mr K-
-Zach K-
-Xx Emo Slasher xX-
-Rofl Rofl Noob-

Go here for more info about my vouches and transactions
http://www.thetechgu...showtopic=79703

I'd vouch for:
-Mr K
-Rofl Rofl Noob

You also type "u" instead of "you". Don't brag about typing if you're equally as bad at it.

#6 shell-shocker

shell-shocker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:26 AM

I'm hoping he doesnt but I've got hes full address so lets just say I'll be getting my money back one way or another if he doesnt pay me... but im hoping we dont need to take it to the pit of fire and this can all be resolved.

#7 eloyman

eloyman

Forum Addict

• Elite Anti-Scammers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:49 AM

Well i kinda trust sonic.. I just hope this is all a big misunderstanding..

JB Lee Vouches For Me!

#8 eloyman

eloyman

Forum Addict

• Elite Anti-Scammers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:37 PM

If it means anything, he hasn't been on ttg in 2 days.

JB Lee Vouches For Me!

#9 shell-shocker

shell-shocker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:52 PM

This is the legislation that he is going against, well thats only a last resort if he doesnt pay ofcourse. But heres the legislation:

Theft (Amendment) Act 1996

1996 CHAPTER 62

ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS

An Act to amend the Theft Act 1968 and the Theft Act 1978; and for connected purposes.

[18th December 1996]

Be it enacted by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:"

1 Obtaining a money transfer by deception

(1) After section 15 of the [1968 c. 60.] Theft Act 1968 insert"

“15A Obtaining a money transfer by deception

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if by any deception he dishonestly obtains a money transfer for himself or another.

(2) A money transfer occurs when"

(a) a debit is made to one account,

(b ) a credit is made to another, and

© the credit results from the debit or the debit results from the credit.

(3) References to a credit and to a debit are to a credit of an amount of money and to a debit of an amount of money.

(4) It is immaterial (in particular)"

(a) whether the amount credited is the same as the amount debited;

(b ) whether the money transfer is effected on presentment of a cheque or by another method;

© whether any delay occurs in the process by which the money transfer is effected;

(d) whether any intermediate credits or debits are made in the course of the money transfer;

(e) whether either of the accounts is overdrawn before or after the money transfer is effected.

(5) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years.

The one I have underlined is the exact legislation he is going against, and he already owes another member of The Tech Guide Forum.

Edited by shell-shocker, 17 January 2009 - 01:55 PM.

#10 Pyro Raccoon

Pyro Raccoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

Now, you see, here is a major flaw in your plan:

If you take legal action, you recognize yourself amongst the court. You will have to tell the WHOLE truth about anything they ask you. The court could very well then summon Jagex to court to verify. When you register on runescape, you accept the terms and conditions, which is a contract... You are bound to Jagex' rule by CONTRACT. This will be highly likely seeing as the both of you are in the U.K. and so is Jagex. The only outcome you'll get from taking legal action against him, is the following:

Sonic will be:

Prosecuted for theft (both from you and jagex)
Prosecuted for fraud
Sued for breaking a contract
Prosecuted for misadvertisement

You will be:

Prosecuted for theft (from jagex)
Prosecuted for fraud

This will go on your permanent criminal record as well.

but don't worry.... Sonic is a trustworthy guy.

MY MSN: [email protected]
-------------

#11 shell-shocker

shell-shocker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

Now, you see, here is a major flaw in your plan:

If you take legal action, you recognize yourself amongst the court. You will have to tell the WHOLE truth about anything they ask you. The court could very well then summon Jagex to court to verify. When you register on runescape, you accept the terms and conditions, which is a contract... You are bound to Jagex' rule by CONTRACT. This will be highly likely seeing as the both of you are in the U.K. and so is Jagex. The only outcome you'll get from taking legal action against him, is the following:

Sonic will be:

Prosecuted for theft (both from you and jagex)
Prosecuted for fraud
Prosecuted for misadvertisement

You will be:

Prosecuted for theft (from jagex)
Prosecuted for fraud

This will go on your permanent criminal record as well.

but don't worry.... Sonic is a trustworthy guy.

We'll see how it goes... but thats as a last resukt 0-- but no i havent fraud him.

#12 Trainer24

Trainer24

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

sonic scammed me about 3M, I trained the fletching on his account and he never payed me anything, and doesn't answer me also...
Contact info: [email protected]

Green = Sucess
Red = Scammed / Failed
Blue = Processing

Transactions:
1. Training bloodspatters account 2gp per xp -- Success, Recommended
2. I Kill U 2nite trained my account to 60 attack and strength -- Scammed ( Everything ) !!NOT RECOMMENDED!!
3. Training Sonic's Accounts from 55 - 83 fletching --- In Progress.---I trained from 55-65 then he sold the account and payed me nothing. --NOT RECCOMENDED.
4. Dog of j2 trained my fletching (2k yews) payed him 230k --- Successful, went very smooth :)

I Vouch For
dog of j2
sanedevelopement

My Vouches

Amount MM'ed

#13 shell-shocker

shell-shocker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

Actually your wrong, because there are many people over the years who have breached their contract by sharing there account and have been banned. That is an entirely different scenario but at the end scenario they have been banned and NOT prosecuted. But theft for a service is a case that can be solved by the court. Hopefully it doesnt need to go to that, but before you do come up with scenario at least have some solid written proof from jagex that says that you will be prosecuted if you breach the 11 rules etc.

But the weird thing of it all was that I was going to give him £40 additonal pounds for training my account but hes decided to scam or not respond on £20 which is very weird from even him. I hope it all goes well but if it doesnt those who have been scammed will get hes FULL UK ADDRESS so they can speak or write to him personally like I will. Going to write to him and then deal with it myself if nothing happens.

#14 Pyro Raccoon

Pyro Raccoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:43 AM

We'll see how it goes... but thats as a last resukt 0-- but no i havent fraud him.

You haven't fraud him but you have committed a fraud by breaking Jagex' contract. As for the proof,

Posted Image

If it is close within their ability, jagex can take legal action because anything to do with runescape whether it be your account, money or items, it belongs to jagex. If they find it possible, they can prosecute you for selling their property without any authorization. This goes the same for training of accounts.

-------------

#15 shell-shocker

shell-shocker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 07:14 AM

You haven't fraud him but you have committed a fraud by breaking Jagex' contract. As for the proof,

Posted Image

If it is close within their ability, jagex can take legal action because anything to do with runescape whether it be your account, money or items, it belongs to jagex. If they find it possible, they can prosecute you for selling their property without any authorization. This goes the same for training of accounts.

Im paying him to play and hes deciding to play and train my account - so yes it remains the property of jagex but then everything on this forum as in activity is illegal so I dont see why your trying to back him up.

#16 Pyro Raccoon

Pyro Raccoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

I'm not backing him up, I'm protecting you from doing something you may regret... Geez.

-------------

#17 shell-shocker

shell-shocker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:02 AM

I'm not backing him up, I'm protecting you from doing something you may regret... Geez.

I'd guess I was more paranoid then anything... or maybe I wasn't but I guess our voices shared the same message that things would get done. And I hope this is the real thing but sonic said he had internet issues the last past days so he wasnt able to contact me or anyone else. So hopefully he will be able to service my account. I'd like to give a special thanks to Pyro Raccoon and Eloyman and to all those viewed the topic!

Heres the keystone message today where he said hes gonna do it... Note: I was really P***ed off at this time thinking he was gonna say "scammed" or something.
Posted Image