5 replies to this topic

#1 bloodybat

bloodybat

Journeyman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:44 PM

i changed the hdd. no problem. didnt messs up anything. i place it back together and the lights turn on and flash but nothing inside spins or responds. and the lights just continue to flash as long as i hold the power button.
  • royaraHep likes this

#2 Pureblood

Pureblood

Obviously a Bot

• Elite Anti-Scammers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,426 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:13 PM

Is there even a operating system on the harddrive?

If you still want to contact me send a pm to me here i'll give personal msn.
MSN: [email protected]
mm.com

Total Amount of Money MMed and Item Transfered: 766 Mil
Total Amount of MM's and Item Transfers:128

Posted Image

#3 Stop Reading My Name

Stop Reading My Name

Forum Addict

• Elite Anti-Scammers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:23 AM

have you tried turning it off and on again?
Before reading any of my posts, please read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Posted Image

In honor of RevoFM :(
Admin of RuneCore

if you want to talk to me, don't PM me, add me on msn:
[email protected]

#4 NokNokhuzthere

NokNokhuzthere

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:49 AM

have you tried turning it off and on again?

doing this wont help, and posting it on every forum question either!

so your screen does not turn on, this happened to me, what i did was hit it hard, it worked once, but that might not be a great idea, maybe your monitor is dead, there could be two reasons:

1. You left your computer on with the lid closed, in this case the monitor overheated and incinerated it
or
2. you hit your computer at some point, maybe without noticing, in this caseit might be dead, try replacing it.

#5 hotrod4x5

hotrod4x5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:57 AM

i changed the hdd. no problem. didnt messs up anything. i place it back together and the lights turn on and flash but nothing inside spins or responds. and the lights just continue to flash as long as i hold the power button.

The first thing I would do is put the old hard drive in and see if it works. If it does, then you know it is the new hard drive.

Now, I assume you know that you cannot simply slap in a new hard drive and go, correct? You do have a windows install disk that you will boot from and install windows onto that new drive, right?

If the old drive still gives you no monitor image, then try using an external monitor. Plug it in, turn on the computer and press the function key along with whichever F key has an icon of a monitor, or the letters LCD/CRT or similar. You might have to press it once or twice, depends on your computer. If you get an image on the external monitor, then there are a few things that could be wrong.

Most likely is the inverter, which is an inexpensive part to buy, and pretty easy to replace if you are handy. I recently replaced the inverter on my GFs laptop and for $12 she was back up and running. If that doesn't work, then you might need a new LCD, or backlight tubes. Most people just replace the screen because the tubes are not so easy to do, but can be done by a repair place.

#6 guestolo

guestolo

Site Donator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,247 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

The original poster of this thread posted on Apr 6 2009
I'll assume the problems are resolved and lock this topic

Any others with a similiar problem, please start your own topic

Do you want to post your own logs from FRST?
Follow the instructions posted Click Here