2 replies to this topic

#1 mickapoo

mickapoo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:08 AM

I installed a program from a torrent a few weeks ago, and I'm not sure if this happened right after that, but it never used to happen before. All of the sudden when I open MS Word, a box pops up and says "Windows Installer...", and then the hourglass is there. If I don't hit cancel, a message will come up and say to insert the disk that came with the program (which I don't have). I click cancel, and it closes the box, but then it pops back open. It does this three times until finally Word opens. It takes a long time for three of them to get cancelled, so I'm waiting forever. What's causing this? Like I said, I never had this happen before. I've been using Word all along.

Thank you for your help!

PS- don't know if this matters, but I did run 3 different online scans b4 downloading the actual torrent, and before running the executable. I also scanned it locally using AVG. It came out clean. However, I have had a problem with my computer running slowly since then.

#2 guestolo

guestolo

Site Donator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,247 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:40 PM

Version of Office and your version of Operating system would be a great help

In addition, are you running Word from a Shortcut, or just trying to open a file?

Do you want to post your own logs from FRST?
Follow the instructions posted Click Here

#3 newbiz02

newbiz02

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

Well if you dont like that Box that comes up.
If its too annoying for you, but you wont buy legit office, or "get" another copy.

Youre screwed. Uninstall it and then Install Free open office.
There you go, this is one solution. -_-
Resveratrol Ultra Owns.
And now I'm
making sick gains in weightroom.

Play Some Adictive Mini Games Free