• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ghisirds

ghisirds

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:15 PM

I all,
I have a problem on my Windows Vista that began afetr the purchase of an external Hard Disk Freecom.
A few days afetr the purchase I disconnected it while it was writing and, since that moment, every time I connect and disconnect it, the PC go to freeze mode for 5 minutes.
The same thing happen even if the hard disk is disconnected: every time I start windows it go to freeze a little after the password, and every time I connect and disconnect a usb device.
I have looked for the solution everywhere, updated windows, unistalled and installed the hard disk from the device manager but I solved the problem only when I restored a recent backup.
Yesterday the Hard disk was writing a backup while Vista was installing the updates; at the end of the proceure windows restarted automatically and the problem began again!!!
The Pc go to freeze when it starts, every time I connect or disconnect the hard disk, an usb earphone that has always worked switch on but there is no audio and I don't know how many others usb devices will have problems.
Has anyone an idea to solve this problem before I throw out of the window Vista or the the hard disk?
Thank you

#2 guestolo

guestolo

Site Donator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,247 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:41 PM

Why not try the following
Restore back again to that backup

Afterwards, shut down the computer, disconnect the external harddrive from computer

Reboot back to Windows, check for Windows Updates and install all high priority updates
They could be writing a temp installation directory to your external harddrive
But with the external disconnected, it should write to your local disk
After installing Updates, reboot the computer, again check for Windows updates, when you have them all
Then reconnect your external, see if it's any help

Do you want to post your own logs from FRST?
Follow the instructions posted Click Here

#3 ghisirds

ghisirds

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:47 PM

I go to try.
Meanwhile thanks.
Bye

Edited by ghisirds, 09 January 2010 - 01:47 PM.

#4 Wilhemina Shellhorn

Wilhemina Shellhorn

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:27 AM

system restoration will do the work. else reinstall vista.

#5 dfgver

dfgver

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:30 PM

HI!!
What I suggest is after your restore turn off the system update and the restore point both.
Check it in for few days.
Still happens format your operating system drive and reinstall it.

#6 dreamerx

dreamerx

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:25 AM

hello,

It coud be the insuffient power of your motherboard power supply thus making the whole hardware system unstable. Better send your computer system to the workshop for a clean check up.

I all,
I have a problem on my Windows Vista that began afetr the purchase of an external Hard Disk Freecom.
A few days afetr the purchase I disconnected it while it was writing and, since that moment, every time I connect and disconnect it, the PC go to freeze mode for 5 minutes.
The same thing happen even if the hard disk is disconnected: every time I start windows it go to freeze a little after the password, and every time I connect and disconnect a usb device.
I have looked for the solution everywhere, updated windows, unistalled and installed the hard disk from the device manager but I solved the problem only when I restored a recent backup.
Yesterday the Hard disk was writing a backup while Vista was installing the updates; at the end of the proceure windows restarted automatically and the problem began again!!!
The Pc go to freeze when it starts, every time I connect or disconnect the hard disk, an usb earphone that has always worked switch on but there is no audio and I don't know how many others usb devices will have problems.
Has anyone an idea to solve this problem before I throw out of the window Vista or the the hard disk?
Thank you

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 sjohn

sjohn

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:23 AM

As per my review there are some problem with hard disk. When you can connect or reconnect hard disk then there is some problem in hard disk. So first of all you can use another cable and check hard disk perfectly. If then problem not solve then you can reinstall operating system perfectly.

#8 jay102

jay102

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:00 PM

As per my review there are some problem with hard disk. When you can connect or reconnect hard disk then there is some problem in hard disk. So first of all you can use another cable and check hard disk perfectly. If then problem not solve then you can reinstall operating system perfectly.

Oh. Maybe it's true. I hope you get luck!

#9 dorsef

dorsef

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:24 AM

Your problem with your windows may be from your antivirus system. You should check if it's updated and if it doesn't do his job well you should consider of chaning it. I recommand you to try using Kaspersky cause it is the best. I use it and it didn't disappointed me. Hope I could helped.

#10 svenkatlaxmanrao

svenkatlaxmanrao

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:13 AM

yes these topics very well lot of problems are clear this type of messages

#11 kristain

kristain

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:59 PM

Try to do a system restore..

Click the "Start" button on the XP system tray, then > All Programs > Accessories > Systems Tools > System Restore. Choose this item on the list: Restore My Computer To An Earlier Time. Click "Next".

On the dialog window, there is a calendar of the current month. Look for the highlighted days in the current month, those are days with a restoring point. Click a date, the restore points created on that day will appear on a list.

Click the restore point on the list for that day, to which you want to return your system. Click "Next".

A warning message will remind you to close all programs currently in use before proceeding. Click "OK" after you manually stop other programs running on your computer.

For your confirmation, System Restore displays the time, date, and brief description of the restore point you chose for returning your system. If correct, click "Next".

The restoration process will take several minutes, plus restarting Windows. You will see the System Restore reporting window, reporting the restoring status when Windows XP is running again.

Click "OK" on the System Restore reporting window to finish task, if it says the restoration was successful. Your system is now restored to the previous point of your choice, and should be working faster.