#1 rinoscar

rinoscar

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

Hello,

I have Kaspersky and spyware running, do I need a malware program, or am I good?

Thank you

#2 guestolo

guestolo

Site Donator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,203 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:09 PM

Hello,

I have Kaspersky and spyware running, do I need a malware program, or am I good?

Thank you

Sorry, not sure what you mean by the above
Kaspersky, I understand, it's AntiVirus software, with possible Firewall, anti-spyware protection
Is that what you meant?
If so, that is great protection

Do you want to post your own HijackThis log?
Follow the instructions posted Here

Not required, but if you would like to donate to help my fight against malware
Click Here

#3 ArturoGeorge

ArturoGeorge

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:12 PM

Hello,

Thank you

I am using avast..it detected three malware files and moved them to the quarantine folder. However, it says they were moved but not cleaned because the files aren't cleanable.

How do I get rid of these viruses?

#4 guestolo

guestolo

Site Donator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,203 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:54 PM

Hi ArturoGeorge
Can you start your own topic in the Tech Clinic section of the boards please

I'm going to leave this topic open for rinoscar a few more days

Do you want to post your own HijackThis log?
Follow the instructions posted Here

Not required, but if you would like to donate to help my fight against malware
Click Here

#5 rinoscar

rinoscar

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

Hi solo,

I completely forgot I started this thread.

What I meant If I have kaspersky with firwall from them, and a spyware program ( I have spywareblaster) also protecting my pc. Am I covered on all bases, or is another program needed. ( Since my last post I downloaded malawarebytes)

Thanks..

#6 Belle Hamilton

Belle Hamilton

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

You are in good shape. But make sure you follow the basic common sense rules.

1. Don't go to any websites that look funky.

2. Be very suspicious of any attachment that has any of the following file extensions:
.exe .vbs .scr .vbe .com .bat .shs .cpl .dll .ocx .pif .drv .lnk .bin .sys .eml .nws

Scratch that, don't ever open these files. (do not click on attachment files whose names end with any of the above)

3. Run Windows update often. Every second tuesday they issue patches.

4. Anything too good to be true in an email, is....
Too busy to learn cool things about my gadgets. That's why I hang out here.

#7 jacobalex

jacobalex

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:15 AM

Hi,

This page was originally created in August 2004, then wasn't seriously updated from 2006 until July 2009 when this was written. The world has changed much since this page was first created. For a more recent look at the same subject, I wrote a series of articles at eSecurity Planet.

The basic premise is that malware can be very good at defending itself, so the best way to remove it, is not to let it run in the first place. You can do this by booting an infected machine from a CD and running an operating system off the CD that treats the C disk as a data disk. You can then run anti-malware software either from the bootable CD (I like The Ultimate Boot CD for Windows) or from another machine on the network.

It turns out that this is a good first step, but is not sufficient as the only step (see Part 3). There is great news ahead however. Both MalwareBytes and SUPERAntiSpyware are working on being able to mount the registry as a registry, even when running outside the infected Operating System. This will be a big improvement and go further to making my scan-from-the-outside approach even better.

sarasota rug buyer

#8 Vika Maya

Vika Maya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

Kaspersky seems to be the best anti virus that is going and getting used up till the current date..... Just keep the antivirus of yours updated and it will be able to handle and solve all issues taking place as a result of viruses......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users