3 replies to this topic

#1 Aidan

Aidan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:45 PM

Hi there.

I tried putting it to the basics (1 stick of Ram, CPU, PSU, Video Card) and it loaded text mainly telling me there was no bootable interface. When I plug in the SATA DVD drive and my IDE Hard drives, it's stuck at the splash screen like before.

The mobo is DQ965GF and the CPU is Intel Core2Duo the vid card is Radeon HD2900 XT and the PSU is 750W.

I built it from parts my friend gave me that are in working condition (and bought the PSU and SATA DVD drive)

I've been reading forums all over the place and asked some friends for help but I don't really know what the issue is.

When I get to the splash page, it says Press F2 for bios, but that doesn't respond nor do any other key presses they just beep if you press one too many times.

Let me know if there's any additional info necessary.

Hopefully someone can help?

Thanks

#2 Aidan

Aidan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:24 PM

When I unplug the Hard Drives that are connected Via IDE, I get into INTEL Boot Agent that tells me no bootable device medi test failure check cable. I have read about this online too, but does that mean my SATA DVD drive isn't working?

EDIT: okay the following link is more akin to my problem.

http://www.motherboa...-5a-t63126.html

I have 2 Maxtor N256 HDDs installed. Are they incompatible with my mobo?

#3 Aidan

Aidan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:49 AM

When I unplug the Hard Drives that are connected Via IDE, I get into INTEL Boot Agent that tells me no bootable device medi test failure check cable. I have read about this online too, but does that mean my SATA DVD drive isn't working?

EDIT: okay the following link is more akin to my problem.

http://www.motherboa...-5a-t63126.html

I have 2 Maxtor N256 HDDs installed. Are they incompatible with my mobo?

RE-EDIT: I managed to install the OS and everything while running onboard graphics. Everything works fine. However, as soon as I plug in the HD 2900 XT, bootup is stuck at 5A and nothing loads. When I attempted to install a driver pack for it without the card attached, it said I didn't have the necessary hardware. can you think of anything?

#4 Vika Maya

Vika Maya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:30 AM

What the right of getting stuck.... Its what all you need and require just simply go and buy without listening to any one.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users