Photo
- - - - -

ALFA AWUS036h wireless adapter extremely slow!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rolovis

rolovis

Journeyman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:02 AM

Hello, I just got a new AWUS036h wireless adapter of off amazon.com and have been having trouble with the download speed for it. I have read that many people have had this problem and I cannot seem to find a fix for it. I have Windows 7 ultimate 64bit, and I think the problem is the driver compatibility with my OS..but like I said I can't find a fix.. Can you help me find out if this is the problem, and a fix for it? Thanks!

#2 guestolo

guestolo

Site Donator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,247 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:16 AM

Is this is a Laptop, or a Desktop computer?
If, in a Laptop, did you disable it's other wireless builtin adapter?

Which drivers are you using?
What connection speed are you getting? Info in Control Panel>> Network and Sharing Center>> Connection

Have you seen this link?
http://alfaawus036h.com/

Do you want to post your own logs from FRST?
Follow the instructions posted Click Here

#3 rolovis

rolovis

Journeyman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

I am using a desktop computer. I have tried using the drivers on the cd, and have tried using drivers I've found on the internet..and I have also tried using the vista drivers on the cd for it which I read worked, but it hasn't for me. My connection speed says its at 11.0 Mbps. But when I try to download anything I struggle to get 30 kbps. It's really weird because some times It works really well...but then goes bad in seconds. I have not seen that link before, but don't see anything new on that site that would help.

Sometimes when I start speed tests at first the speed looks like its g