SATA and XP Problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
145 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2003 - 10:17 AM

Try setting the CPU voltage to 1.825V
CPU and RAM both to 133MHZ (XP does not like installing with anything higher, results in various blue screens) after installing the motherboard drivers (VIA/Nforce2) up the FSB+CPU frequency

this seems to help

#22 Guest_Webcarnage_*

Guest_Webcarnage_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2003 - 02:52 PM

Hi,

For those who wanna make a Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATALink Serial ATA Controller disk and have a asus a7n8x deluxe:

If you don't have the Silicone Image drivers (you can find thm on the disk that you get with the a7n8x-mb) go to http://www.asus.com....022.zip~zaqwedc and download the Silicone Image drivers, unzip it (or find the files on the asus-disk) and install it (using setup.exe in the directory silicon_v10022\GUI\Diskettes\Disk1) on a working pc (that allready has an OS), the next thing to do is to copy all the files (except SATARaid.exe and SATARaid.hlp) from C:\Program Files\Silicon Image\SiISATARaid (or the directory you used to install the Silicone Image drivers) on a floppy-disk, after that you need to copy all the files from D:\Drivers\SATA (or the directory where you unzipped silicon_v10022.zip if you don't have the asus-disk), except SATARaid_Manual_Rev092.pdf and the the sub-directory's, to the same floppy-disk you are making.
After that you'll only need to follow these instructions:

1) Make sure to enable the SATA header. Read page 2.7 in the manual (asus-a7n8x -deluxe manual). Now boot up and go into BIOS setup and make these changes: 1st boot device: CD/DVD-drive, 2nd boot device: Floppy-drive, 3rd boot device:scsi-drive (after the installation of windows you can change these settings)
2) (Re)Start your system.
3) At the Windows Setup screen (you need to put the windows-cd in the drive and press a key when you get the message "press a key to boot from the cd"), press F6 to install the driver.
4) Insert the driver diskette. Press S then press Enter.
5) Select Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATALink Serial ATA Controller and press Enter.
6) Press Enter to continue and follow on-screen instructions to complete Windows XP installation.

Verify for Successful Installation

1) Right click My Computer and click Manage.
2) Select Device Manager.
3) Double click SCSI and RAID Controllers, then double click Silicon Image SiI 3112 Serial ATA Controller to display driver properties.
4) A message This device is working properly is displayed in the dialog box, the driver has been correctly installed.
5) If you don't get a message This device is working properly re-install the Silicone Image drivers.

I know this isn't the perfect way to deal with this problem but this solution worked for me, hopefully it will work for you guys too.

Webcarnage

#23 Guest_deepblue_cn_*

Guest_deepblue_cn_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2003 - 10:51 PM

Hi,

For those who wanna make a Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATALink Serial ATA Controller disk and have a asus a7n8x deluxe:

If you don't have the Silicone Image drivers (you can find thm on the disk that you get with the a7n8x-mb) go to http://www.asus.com....022.zip~zaqwedc and download the Silicone Image drivers, unzip it (or find the files on the asus-disk) and install it (using setup.exe in the directory silicon_v10022\GUI\Diskettes\Disk1) on a working pc (that allready has an OS), the next thing to do is to copy all the files (except SATARaid.exe and SATARaid.hlp) from C:\Program Files\Silicon Image\SiISATARaid (or the directory you used to install the Silicone Image drivers) on a floppy-disk, after that you need to copy all the files from D:\Drivers\SATA (or the directory where you unzipped silicon_v10022.zip if you don't have the asus-disk), except SATARaid_Manual_Rev092.pdf and the the sub-directory's, to the same floppy-disk you are making.

1) Make sure to enable the SATA header. Read page 2.7 in the manual (asus-a7n8x -deluxe manual). Now boot up and go into BIOS setup and make these changes: 1st boot device: CD/DVD-drive, 2nd boot device: Floppy-drive, 3rd boot device:scsi-drive (after the installation of windows you can change these settings)
3) At the Windows Setup screen (you need to put the windows-cd in the drive and press a key when you get the message "press a key to boot from the cd"), press F6 to install the driver.
5) Select Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATALink Serial ATA Controller and press Enter.
6) Press Enter to continue and follow on-screen instructions to complete Windows XP installation.

3) Double click SCSI and RAID Controllers, then double click Silicon Image SiI 3112 Serial ATA Controller to display driver properties.
4) A message This device is working properly is displayed in the dialog box, the driver has been correctly installed.
5) If you don't get a message This device is working properly re-install the Silicone Image drivers.

I know this isn't the perfect way to deal with this problem but this solution worked for me, hopefully it will work for you guys too.

Webcarnage

1. I followed ur advise,step by step,but failed.

2.The file copied from C:\Program Files\Silicon Image\SiISATARaid had no use,i think.The really wored file still the file copied from D:\Drivers\SATA.

3.The screem displayed name were not "Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATALink Serial ATA Controller",but "Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATARaid Serial ATA Controller"

4.Maybe it worked for u,afterall,thank u for ur help.I am keep on studying on it,hope to resolv this problem.

if someone work out of it ,pls e-mail me :deepblue_cnEmail Removed

Thank you all!

#24 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2003 - 08:29 PM

Before cd begin to work my pc say "Press a key to reboot"
If i disconnect sata hd win installation stats.
Sorry for my english if you can help me write to [email protected]

#25 Guest_CHEWBAC_*

Guest_CHEWBAC_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2003 - 04:22 AM

YYYHHHHHHUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!! I got it!
Read this:

SiI3x12A: Serial ATA (SATA) Windows RAID Driver - Released
NEW – Version 10032 of the SiI3x12 Windows RAID driver is now logo-certified for Windows 2003 Server.

The latest Windows RAID driver for the SiI3x12A SATA Controller chip (3x12A_x86_win_rdrv-xxxxx.zip) can be downloaded from the links on the right. These drivers support Windows 98SE/ME/NT/2000/XP. Windows 95 is not supported.

Please NOTE that these are the latest GENERAL drivers that are available from Silicon Image. Some motherboard or add-in card makers may post versions with later revision numbers than the one shown here, but those are written specifically for their designs and are not intended for general use.

The latest version of Silicon Image SATARAID RAID Manager software is also attached on the right.

Comments/Special Instructions:
Preparing a 'Silicon Image SiI 3x12 Raid Driver Installation Disk'
Follow these instructions if you are creating a diskette containing the Silicon Image SiI 3x12 Raid driver.

1. Format a blank floppy diskette.

2. Use WinZip or a similar utility to unzip the Driver Zip file (3x12A_x86_win_rdrv-xxxxx.zip).Make sure you use the rdrv file and NOT the SATARAID file. The SATARAID file is the Windows RAID Manager GUI. It is not the RAID driver and will be too large to fit on a floppy. If it does not fit on a floppy, you are using the wrong file.

3. Copy all the files contained in the zipped file to the newly formatted diskette.

4. Label this floppy diskette 'Silicon Image SiI 3x12 RAID Driver Installation Disk'.

If you want to know where you can download this file from, SEND ME 10 DOLLARS!!!!!!!
It's a joke, the adress is http://12.24.47.40/d...d=2&r=0.5833704
from the PRODUCT SUPPORT of the Silicon Image site.
If you want to thank me, my adress is [email protected], and if you want to kiss my ass, mail me, and I'll give you my home adress!

#26 Guest_Granadas[PT]_*

Guest_Granadas[PT]_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2003 - 06:48 PM

the owners of a ASUS A7N8X, to resolve the problem of the missing disk, you just need to copy 5 files to a disk!
The files are:
- Si3112r.inf
- Si3112r.mpd
- Si3112r.sys
- SIISUPP.VXD
- TxtSetup.oem
You can find them in the CD NVIDIA nForce2/Drivers/SATA

#27 Guest_scartissue_*

Guest_scartissue_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2003 - 02:06 AM

I believe my problem may be answered here..I also have the a7n8x deluxe..I am trying to install xp home edition..I have the proper 6 disks..when I insert disk1, then restart I get a i/o error,it's not thr floppy cause I can use other disks ie.98 startup.

I believe the problem lies in the seagate sata HDD I put in..it's like the xp setup disk can't see the sata drive because in the post..it is reading my cd rom drive and floppy only..no HDD. but if I use the seagate startup disk it shows me that the sata disk is there and formatted.????please help :)

#28 Guest_scartissue_*

Guest_scartissue_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2003 - 02:07 AM

,Dec 6 2003, 06:48 PM] the owners of a ASUS A7N8X, to resolve the problem of the missing disk, you just need to copy 5 files to a disk!
The files are:
- Si3112r.inf
- Si3112r.mpd
- Si3112r.sys
- SIISUPP.VXD
- TxtSetup.oem

I have these files ..what do i do with them?

#29 Guest_JP_*

Guest_JP_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2003 - 04:46 PM

I am having this same if not similar problem. I have a A7N8X-Deluxe and I'm trying to reinstall Windows XP Pro. I did not get a driver disk, so I got the files off the Silicon Image website for Windows IDE install (also tried the ones off the CD). It finds the SATALink drivers and gets to the point where it's ready to begin copying files then immediately it comes up with "Cannot copy file: si3112.sys". I don't get it, because not 2 seconds ago did it read the exact same file off the disk to recognize the controller in the first place. Ideas?

#30 Guest_Guest_Justin_*

Guest_Guest_Justin_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2003 - 05:30 PM

how can i label a disk 'Silicon Image SiI 3x12 RAID Driver Installation Disk'
the name is too long or not valid or something
thanks

#31 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2003 - 05:27 PM

hi guys, i've found the problem, there is an incopatibility between Silicon image drivers and Nvidia ide drivers (lasted 3.13) i'm sure because when i've remove Nvidia ide drivers (u can select not installed during nforce 3.13 setup) Windows Xp accept without any problem Silicon image Drivers.

#32 Guest_Bender_*

Guest_Bender_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2003 - 06:38 AM

Hi,

Webcarnage

1. I followed ur advise,step by step,but failed.

2.The file copied from C:\Program Files\Silicon Image\SiISATARaid had no use,i think.The really wored file still the file copied from D:\Drivers\SATA.

3.The screem displayed name were not "Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATALink Serial ATA Controller",but "Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATARaid Serial ATA Controller"

4.Maybe it worked for u,afterall,thank u for ur help.I am keep on studying on it,hope to resolv this problem.

if someone work out of it ,pls e-mail me :deepblue_cnEmail Removed

Thank you all!

hey guys, i'm having the exact same problem...

does anyone have a solution for this... ive tried anything, i'm desperate!

TNX ALOT

#33 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2003 - 11:57 PM

,Dec 6 2003, 06:48 PM]the owners of a ASUS A7N8X, to resolve the problem of the missing disk, you just need to copy 5 files to a disk!
The files are:
- Si3112r.inf
- Si3112r.mpd
- Si3112r.sys
- SIISUPP.VXD
- TxtSetup.oem

This is the solution.......you nailed it on the head.

My advice to anyone installing Windows on a SATA hard drive, if you didn't get a floppy of the SATA drivers, look for them on the CD rom that came with your mobo.

For Asus owners like me. Go to drivers directory, then SATA.

Copy those 5 files he said onto a floppy.

There are more files there, but one of them has to do with RAID. I don't want the raid feature, just SATA.

I did what he said, and it worked like a charm.

#34 Guest_gybp_*

Guest_gybp_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2003 - 07:21 PM

i have a gigabyte GA-7NNX, i can install windows, i install the nforce drivers, but when windows XP restarts it hangs in the boot screen and i have to format the HD again. How can i fix it???.

btw i did the F6 thing when installing windows

#35 gybp

gybp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 07:33 PM

i have a gigabyte GA-7NNX, i can install windows, i install the nforce drivers, but when windows XP restarts it hangs in the boot screen and i have to format the HD again. How can i fix it???.

have a gigabyte GA-7NNX, i can install windows, i install the nforce drivers, but when windows XP restarts it hangs in the boot screen and i have to format the HD again. How can i fix it???.

when i install windows and nforce drivers i only get a yellow sign in the device maganer in the setcion called Mass storage device, the i try to install the drivers from a diskette and after it restarts it cannote cime back to windows

#36 Guest_kennyG_*

Guest_kennyG_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2003 - 07:19 PM

Wow its odd to read about this ..but I had the same problem..Installing windows press the f6 button install the floppy the disk is read ok..Silicon Image raid driver SI3112r..the systems see it then when it comes time to install it..no driver found..????

I found that the problem was that the SI3112r .sys was for some reason not being installed so I went right to the source.. Silicon Image and downloaded that file put it on my floppy( it will say do you want to over write the file on the disk..I backup that file then said yeah over write it!) did the F6 thing again and "BAM" it worked..that was weird but it worked..try it..I allmosted pulled what little hair I had out trying to figure this one out..I just got my New P4 system working RAID 0 2/120 gig Seagate drives.work great!

I hope this helps you guys..
If you need any info..email me ..ksgxEmail Removed B)

#37 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2003 - 03:19 PM

im having the same problem....just got a sata drive that i took from a dell computer, and cant install xp, so i was looking around to see what i could do and i found this forum.i tried the 5 files on the a drive, but it doesnt read them at all.i press s to specify, then it says it couldnt find a floppy drive on my computer to load oem drivers....please help

#38 Guest_James_*

Guest_James_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2003 - 11:35 PM

The problem is the same with Win2k btw ..
Now, the F6-thing is the obvious solution I tried it, just .. I do not have a floppy drive (Who needs such nowadays anyway?) and the Windows installer won't take anything else. Is there a way around that?

I did it this way;

The driver load during the XP Installation (F6) worked but after the HD was formatted and the partitions were made, the copying of the drivers did not work for some f*cking reason...

So i booted my system from a win 98 boot diskette and manually copied the driver files to the system32\drivers folder.

This worked and i could continue the installation from the harddisk but then a new problem came up; Now for some reason my system keeps rebooting... :angry:

What is wrong? :blink:

My problem is solved; a corrupt win xp cd that couldn't load the drivers from the a: diskette...
An earlier version did the trick!

I hope everyone who has this problem can now solve it :)

mvg,
Thomas.

Thank you very much. That did indeed solve the problem. I had made a custom Install CD that I have used numerous times before, but it will NOT work with the SATA drives. Using my original CD, it worked first time no problem. Thank you very much!

#39 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2003 - 01:14 AM

Thank you. The five files worked for me also.

#40 Guest_Guest_Red_*

Guest_Guest_Red_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2003 - 03:42 AM

B)
Asus SUCKS!
they doesn't provide the driver.
What we need: ""Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATARaid Driver Installation Disk""
I found it on silicon website.
Let's try it...
Filename: 3x12_x86_[1].win_rdvr-10032.zip