- - - - -

SATA and XP Problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
145 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Matthew_*

Guest_Matthew_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2003 - 03:16 PM

Hey, I'm still getting some funky errors. When I'm trying to install the drivers, I get the Messaget that the txtsetup.oem is causing can unexpected error 1024 at line 1742 of d:\xpsp1a\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c. Does this mean that the disk that microsoft provided me is corrupt?

I tried that rdvr way, downloading the drivers, using the CD ASUS sent with...the GUI version and teh SATA directory versions and none of them work.

Thanks for the help...installing windows onto this A7N8X with a Hitachi DeskStar for more than 2 days straight.

#42 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2004 - 06:11 PM

Asus a7n8x deluxe. fresh install of win xp. slip disk one of six in,
boot up, hit f6 where it prompts and it skips right on by like I didn't
even hit it. bios set up to boot from floppy, cdrom, scsi. got my five
files on a disk, but no good if f6 is ignored by my computer.
oh well, back to google...

#43 [email protected] giagia_*

[email protected] giagia_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2004 - 09:17 AM

Hi,
I have a new Asus A7N8x Deluxe with the great serial ATA Sil3112a.....
I have read the old posts but don't find a solution for my problem. The situation
is the foolowing:
1- I have installed my system win 2k with the SATA driver;
2- I have installed the drivers for the onboard devices;
3- Installation of many programs without problems;
4- Finally the system run fine!!
but after a lot of reboots a f..king error with the blue screen:

"system registry error
\SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE not found or registry item
or the copy is kaputt ...."

How I can access to my HD?
What' is this f..king problem?
I need Help!!!
Thankx
Giagia

#44 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2004 - 10:06 AM

I downloaded the drivers from the asus site. (support>a7n8x deluxe). After copying the disks and trying them i got the waring "cannot find setup.oem" or somthing like that. So i now how to solve te prob, its in the manual of the driverpackage, but the disk will not work properly.

HELP!

#45 Guest_Guest AK_*

Guest_Guest AK_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2004 - 11:45 AM

I'm trying to load my SATA driver as well (during my fresh WIn 2K install) - I have all the driver files from Silicon Image, have them copied to a floppy, but I sure as hell can't make the volume label of the floppy "Silicon Image SiI 3x12 RAID Driver Installation Disk", as instructed earlier in this thread. It's an invalid label for a floppy in Win 98, 2K, and XP.
I tried making the floppy label something simple like "SATA driver", but when I hit 's' to offer my driver files, there is nothing found. I'm not even sure why the label is important, as long as you know what it is.
The BIOS on my new a7n8x-e deluxe is ver. 1006 - should I flash to 1007 or 1008 to make this loading experience go easier?

Geezus what an aggravation...
Thanks for any help ...

#46 Guest_Guest AK_*

Guest_Guest AK_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2004 - 03:20 PM

Wow - I misunderstood (as someone else did) about the floppy disk - Since then, I am able to load the SATA RAID drivers no problem (after hitting f6 to load them), but after doing so, my HD isn't being detected as it was before, and I can't partition/load windows. It's as if my mobo jumper to enable/disable the SATA chip is set to "disable" - which it isn't. I've verified it is set to enable (pins 1-2).